Job #698: Controller - Madison, NJ (2-19-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New Jersey
- Salary: $105,000 - $110,000
The Controller oversees accounting, budgeting, student billing and collections, payroll, and cash management. The Controller, reports directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and interacts with the Cabinet, directors, managers and the community as needed.
- Maintain accounting records and internal audit controls.
- Prepare Financial Statements and supporting documents.
- Manage audits of financial statements, pension plan, and federal and state student aid statements.
- Manage, jointly with the Vice President of Finance, the operating budget and reforecasts.
- Review and prepare the analysis of student enrollment vs budget and related revenues.
- Manage Accounting, Billing, Collections, and Payroll.
- Monitor and maintain cash flow requirements.
- Serve on various committees including Finance Committee and Budget Committee.
- Masters’ Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with a minimum of seven years of experience. CPA preferred.
- Experience in education finance and management required.
- Familiarity with general FASB requirements and GAAP accounting processes required.
- Three or more years of experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Strong leadership and human relationship skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Technical skills and familiarity with data processing systems and procedures (i.e., Ellucian, Great Plains, and Power Campus), personal computer programs and applications required.
Interested candidates should contact Ed Burke at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre, email@example.com, and Jennifer Rosener, firstname.lastname@example.org, on your email.