Job #689: Accounting Manager - Bridgewater, NJ (2-9-18)
- Job Title: Accounting Manager
- Location: Bridgewater, NJ
- Salary: $120,000
The Controllership Team is chartered with providing critical business information on a timely basis in order to ensure optimal efficiency in decision making for the organization. The Controllership team reports to the Chief Financial Officer at Synchronoss, meaning that it acts as the trusted source of all actual (current and historical) financial information and prepares relevant analyses for essential business decisions.
The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Controller who is based in Bridgewater, NJ. This person will contribute to the overall goals and objectives of the larger Finance Organization, working closely with the accounting teams based in New York, EMEA and APAC. The individual will play a critical role in planning and managing the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close and consolidation process, delivering consolidated financial statements to senior management on a monthly basis. In this role the incumbent will gain a deep understanding of the systems and processes supporting the global consolidations process and will play a critical role in the record to report process, including ensuring adequate financial reporting controls are working effectively. The Accounting Manager will have the opportunity to interact with various cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for worldwide consolidation of financial results within Oracle, including managing the worldwide intercompany reconciliation process.
- Generate monthly financial statements for Senior Management.
- Responsible for ensuring the accounting systems address changing needs of business (e.g. divisional structure, global focus/needs, acquisitions)
- Partner with IT to maximize effectiveness of reporting within , including customization of existing reports and creation of new reports to address the business needs of the Company.
- Support the Accounting & Finance organization with monthly consolidations, close and reporting activities, research and investigate data discrepancies, provide data validation reports and understand system processes.
- Review and/or prepare various consolidated schedules for external auditor quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Provide information to support the Company's quarterly and annual SEC filings, including the preparation of certain financial statement footnotes
- Develop and maintain close process metrics and dashboard results
- Serve as sub-process owner for select record to report processes; .
- Perform self-assessments to support the Company's Internal Controls and Sarbanes Oxley processes.
- Partner with IT to manage change request process; facilitate resolutions on issues related to close and reporting issues
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Assist in the implementation and communication of new accounting practices and policies
- Manage special projects, as needed
- Manage and develop one direct report, which includes providing direction, support, performing evaluations and otherwise providing guidance to develop employees and meet organizational needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
- Six to eight years of experience, mix of public accounting and private industry preferred
- Consolidation experience required with preference for a multinational company
- Possess strong analytical skills and a strong knowledge of the application of US GAAP. Strong understanding of financial statement preparation, including management reporting
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Results oriented, can thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrates respect and integrity
- Fast learner and inquisitive personality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Ability to proactively take ownership of issues and ensure timely resolution
- Ability to work effectively on cross functional activities and form solid business relationships across functions
- Ability to influence and drive changes
- Supervision and staff development experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
Interested candidates should contact Gino Gonzales at: Gino.Gonzales@synchronoss.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre; email@example.com, and Jennifer Rosener; firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.