Job #682: HR Generalist - New York, NY (2-1-18)
- Job Title: HR Generalist
- Location: New York
- Salary: Open
Water Lilies Food is a manufacturer of frozen Asian appetizers and entrees that are primarily sold through supermarkets, club/mass stores, restaurants, and ethnic markets Signature products include egg rolls, spring rolls, potstickers, dumplings and a variety of noodles in both vegetarian and meat options. Currently based in Astoria, New York (scheduled to move to a larger Bayshore, Long Island facility in late 2018), the Company is SQF Level 3 and offers a variety of high-quality, better-for-you products that are USDA organic certified, gluten free and all-natural..
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Schedule or conduct new employee orientations.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks or directories, or performance evaluation forms.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Conduct reference or background checks on job applicants.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking,
- Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Provide management with information or training related to interviewing, performance appraisals, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Manage unemployment and/or worker’s compensation claims.
- BA in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience
- 3+ years of experience in human resource generalist role
- Strong ethical practice, business acumen and relationship management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Computer proficiency including Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Interested candidates should contact Jack Lin at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre; email@example.com, and Jennifer Rosener; firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.