Job #680: Associate Director of Private Equity Funds - New York, NY (1-31-18)
- Job Title: Associate Director of Private Equity Funds
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: up to $180,000 base + bonus
The Associate Director of Private Equity Funds will lead a team responsible for transaction processing, proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting, for private equity fund clients.
The Associate Director will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting Private Equity clients. The incumbent should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and lead a team in monitoring client deliverables and meeting deadlines. Additionally, the Associate Director is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions.
- Manage multiple fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with staff
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity funds
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all direct reports
- Prepare semiannual performance appraisals and discussions for all direct reports
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Review investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Develop/maintain robust review procedures around deliverables
- Manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the client and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Help develop and support targeted, continuing education for all direct reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
Interested candidates should William Fine at: email@example.com Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre; firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener; email@example.com on your email.