Job #675: Controller - New York, NY (1-19-18)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: Open
YouVisit is an immersive technology company powered by Aria, the leading enterprise platform that enables brands and organizations to engage and convert audiences through interactive 360° experiences.
YouVisit combines the power of Aria with an award-winning production studio to drive measurable results for over 800 clients across mobile, desktop, Virtual and Augmented Reality. The company works with some of the biggest brand names in the world such as Cisco, Deloitte, Harvard University and countless others.
YouVisit is expanding their finance team and is currently looking for a hands-on controller responsible for managing the accounting function, which includes all facets of managing revenue, billing, collections, expense management, account reconciliations and financial reporting.
The Controller will oversee updates to fiscal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with best practices and maintenance of internal controls in order to minimize financial risk and position the company for explosive growth. Furthermore, the incumbent will own the monthly and annual closing process and analysis of general ledger accounts. The successful candidate will work closely with outside firms to prepare and submit taxes and review processes and procedures.
- Establish procedures, strengthen internal controls and accounting policies and ensure flawless execution
- Manage the general ledger, monthly closing and financial statement preparation
- Own the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Close the books and prepare financial reports and analysis for review with the executive team on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Implement accounting best-practices and tools to drive growth and efficiency
- Establish and execute asset management and purchasing processes
- Review all upcoming GAAP reporting changes and establish compliance processes
- Manage payroll and benefit plan and compliance
- Work with outside CPAs to ensure timely filing of taxes as well as accurate reporting of financial statements
- Develop and maintain cost accounting processes and reports
- Partner with other departments to improve processes to help scale the business
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management and third-party providers
- Identify business/operational risks, assess mitigating controls and develop policies and procedures to address such risks
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Demonstrated regulatory and compliance knowledge
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience
- QuickBooks & QuickBooks online is a must
- Process driven and must have proven record of establishing strong controls
- Demonstrated ability in scaling up accounting role
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Controller role in a SaaS technology company preferred
- Advanced knowledge of modeling in Excel
Interested candidates should apply here: Controller. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to copy Nkrumah Pierre; firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jennifer Rosener; email@example.com on your email.