Job #669: Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis - Yardley, PA (1-5-18)
- Job Title: Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location: Yardley, PA
- Salary: $120,000 - $150,000
The Sr. Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will have overall responsibility for the accumulation of data to prepare Company-wide budgets and forecasts for all entities within the OptiNose group and the analysis of related actual vs. budget/forecast variances. The Sr. Manager of FP&A will support other FP&A functional area leads to prepare Company-wide budgets and forecasts.
Essential Accountable Functions/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating the Company’s budget and regular forecast updates, including preparing projected P&L’s, Balance Sheets, & Cash Flow Statements for 4 OptiNose entities on both an individual and Consolidated basis. Collaborates with FP&A functional area leads and key business leaders to prepare budgets/forecasts, Companywide roll-ups, and accurate financial plans.
- Creates and maintains budget templates and imports budgets/forecasts into accounting software to facilitate actual vs. budget/forecast reporting.
- Analyzes Company-wide actual vs. budget and/or forecast variances and creates related reports for key business leaders and other functional FP&A leads.
- Prepares regular cash forecast reports for key business leaders.
- Writes reports using available report writing tools to support data analysis.
- Identifies and reports on key performance metrics and financial ratios.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations summarizing business plans and key performance metrics for business leaders.
- Serves as the primary finance partner to G&A department leaders, including HR, as well as other members of the Executive team. Provides monthly accruals or other requested information to the accounting department to support the month end close process.
- Supports key business initiatives, such as M&A and business partnerships, through financial analysis and valuation support.
- Assists in the implementation of new tools and/or software to improve the Company’s FP&A process as well as efficiency and controls within the department.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to improve the flow of information within the Company and the FP&A process.
- Supports the implementation of new forecasting methods, including rolling forecasts.
- Leads and participates in various cross-functional projects, as necessary.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 6 years of demonstrated success in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience in a Company with a commercialized product, preferred.
- Strong financial and accounting acumen with knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement preparation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to summarize complex information to business leaders.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables.
- Proficiency with other Microsoft applications including Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with analytical tools and financial systems. Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
- Working knowledge of key financial ratios/metrics and valuation principles.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and establish and execute plans to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to “roll up sleeves” to get the job done.
Interested candidates should contact Janet Tenzer at: Janet.Tenzer@optinose.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.