Job #664: Director of Finance - New York, NY (12-22-17)
- Job Title: Director of Finance
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: $120,000 - $130,000 + bonus
Peanut Butter & Co. is a natural/specialty food company based in New York City. Now beginning our 20th year and led by our founder, we are 100% family owned and have a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We are a pioneer in our category, which has seen a tremendous number of new entrants in recent years. Our company is built on passion – a passion for delicious food, a passion for healthy living, and a passion for making the world a better place! We take pride in our collaborative, positive, and forward-thinking culture focused not only on the growth of the company but also our people.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the CEO, you will oversee the Finance function in the Company. Responsibilities include:
• Oversee Company’s financial management, budget & planning, reporting, systems and controls.
• Lead & develop a team of two finance professionals to help achieve the Company’s goals
• Serve on Company’s Senior Leadership Team; regularly meet with CEO and other department heads to report on and discuss Company’s performance and set goals to grow revenue, control expenses, and increase profitability; provide feedback on Company policies and procedures
• Own the Company’s annual Budget & Planning process and assist in the creation of departmental/program budgets
• Manage relationships with Company’s accounting, finance, banking, and insurance vendors; assist with managing relationships with IT, PEO, and Landlord as needed
• Ensure that the company is compliant with GAAP and meets all of its reporting and tax filing requirements
• Be a key promoter of the use of data to drive decisions; support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
• Have a leadership role in managing and improving use of the Company’s ERP (Netsuite)
• Provide assistance in other areas as needed
Who You Are:
You are a dynamic, hands-on leader with demonstrated success as both a finance professional and as a leader. Through your results-driven focus, you have experience developing and executing highly impactful budgets and plans and are adept at fostering collaboration and teamwork while driving growth. You are highly strategic in identifying and pursuing opportunities to enhance profitability, and you have excellent negotiation and presentation skills. You enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and are excited by the opportunity to be a strategic leader while also being willing to roll up your sleeves and make a real difference in the growth and success of the company.
• A minimum of 10 years accounting and/or finance management experience
• Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Office Suite products.
• Experience and proficiency with Netsuite or comparable ERP's
• Possesses an inspirational leadership style with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience with food or CPG business a plus.
• Experience with family-owned or startup businesses a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience, to include salary, bonus, profit sharing, and paid vacation, plus a suite of benefits to include health insurance, 401(k), life insurance, and short & long-term disability insurance. It is the policy of Peanut Butter & Co. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition Peanut Butter & Co. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to BOTH Lee Zalben & Stacey Gesier at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.