Job #659: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer - New York, NY (12-4-17)
- Job Title: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: Open
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Chief Financial and Administrative Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director and playing a key role on the senior management team, the ideal candidate is an analytical and entrepreneurial finance leader who has a desire to make an impact within a growing organization. At the core of this role is the responsibility for financial planning and risk management but our organization is also seeking an individual whose operational and strategic leadership would allow them to lead beyond just the financial operations at DREAM. An ideal Chief Financial and Administrative Officer would assume additional leadership of additional core organizational functions such as: information and communication technology, administrative functions, organizational operations, compliance, and strategic planning.
Like all DREAM employees, the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” in the United States by The Nonprofit Times.
- Oversee the finance team and set the tone for productive and goal-oriented collaboration across the organization;
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed;
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management;
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships;
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets;
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts;
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans;
- Regularly conduct detailed cost benefit analysis and external benchmarking to identify cost efficiency opportunities.
Policy Development and Investor Relations
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team;
- Engage the finance committee on the board of directors to develop short-, medium- and long-term financial plans and projections;
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.;
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit
- Propose, evaluate, recommend and oversee major strategic financial transactions.
- Oversee accounting to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions;
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures;
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements;
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns;
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Work closely with Harlem RBI leaders in the organization to design the strategy for Harlem RBI, implement key strategic initiatives and design, test and roll out innovations to increase efficiency;
- Role model and drive a culture of high expectations, high openness and transparency, and high support for the youth served and the staff;
- Assume leadership and management over other core administrative and operational functions.
- Master’s degree with sufficient and rigorous quantitative coursework;
- CPA or advanced degree in finance preferred;
- At least 3 years as Director of Finance (or equivalent) in nonprofits or other relevant experience with nonprofits;
- Proven experience interacting with board of directors;
- Proven experience leading initiative design, tracking and implementation plus complex analyses (e.g., scenario analyses, productivity, etc.);
- Strong experience with Excel and other financial and accounting systems necessary;
- Superior analytical capabilities and ability to generate insights from data;
- Attention to detail and ability to review and pressure test financial reports and analyses;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to generate enthusiasm and confidence from others and lead to action;
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with a creative approach to problem solving;
- High-energy individual with passion and dedication for DREAM’s mission and vision.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to the Chief Talent Officer, Jeremy Abarno at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Chief Financial and Administrative Officer" in the subject line and mention in your email that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.