Job #652: Vice President Finance, Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller - Morristown, NJ (11-20-17)
- Job Title: Vice President Finance, Principal Accounting Officer and Corporate Controller
- Location: Morristown, NJ
- Salary: $240,000 - $260,000 + bonus
Pernix Therapeutics is a specialty pharmaceutical business with a focus on acquiring, developing and commercializing prescription drugs primarily for the United States market. The Vice President Finance will report to the CEO and a member of the Executive Leadership team. This critical role within Pernix as the position duties require the candidate to serve as the principal accounting officer and corporate controller for Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc. in the United States as well as serve as a Director of Pernix’s Irish subsidiaries’ Pernix Irish Limited and Pernix Ireland Pain DAC and Treasurer for all subsidiaries of the holding entity. A successful candidate will be an experienced leader with a vast knowledge of internal financial controls, inclusive of maintaining financial compliance with regard to both budget and regulatory oversight. This is a strategic executive leadership role requiring a candidate who can ensure the company’s financial strategy stays the course, while implementing continuous process improvement with a hands-on approach.
- Oversees the General Accounting & SEC Compliance Reporting
- Manages month-end and quarterly close responsibilities including account reconciliations and close procedures.
- Manages GAAP and SEC research and prepare position papers. Recommend proper accounting treatment for transactions.
- Oversees payroll and accounts receivable and payable functions
- Financial Reporting:
- Oversees SEC compliance function including the preparation of quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K and timely filings
- Manages required schedules for the quarterly audit review and annual independent audit.
- Completes audits and financial compliance activities
- Develops and maintains the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Manages any outsourced financial activities
- Manages the design and testing to ensure that the Company's internal control procedures are adequate to be compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Manages the tax filings, tax provisions and other statutory filings.
- Manages State and Federal Compliance Reporting efforts in conjunction with Corporate Compliance.
- Manages and leads departmental staff
- Provides career development and mentoring of departmental staff
- Performs special analytical projects as required.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in professional accounting management.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or related areas from a credited university or college.
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC rules, forms and filings.
- Big 4 Public accounting preferred.
- CPA required.
- Strong working knowledge of banking and other relevant regulatory/statutory issues.
- Highly developed computer skills in Excel, Word and other Office programs.
- Solid foundation in financial analysis principles preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, written and communicative skills.
- Must have excellent supervisory skills to ensure work gets done effectively and timely.
- Master of Business Administration from a credited academic institution is preferred.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Interested candidates may apply directly here: VP Finance. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.