Job #650: Chief Accounting Officer - New York, NY (11-13-17)
- Job Title: Chief Accounting Officer
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: $200,000 - $250,000
Our client is a leading NYC based publicly traded Information Services company. They are seeking a CHIEF ACCOUNTING OFFICER(CAO).
Primary responsibility include:
- Research and recommendations on technical accounting issues, including the implementation of new accounting pronouncements (i.e. Revenue Recognition, Leasing, etc.)
- Maintain the internal control environment for accounting transactions and financial reporting, including the preparation of documentation and review of results of the external testing firm
- Oversee general ledger functions, including the review of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators as well as maintain projections throughout the year
- Quarterly financial reporting - including drafting and reviewing SEC documents
- Oversee internal and external audits.
- Supervise the annual budget process
- Collaborate with the CFO, Controller and other accounting staff
This is a highly visible, extremely challenging role offering a competitive compensation package with bonus and equity potential
- Minimum of six years of large public accounting firm experience , coupled with several years of relevant SEC experience at a public company.
- Prior experience must include dealing with complex technical research, a thorough understanding of maintaining an effective system of internal controls for accounting and financial reporting, and proficiency in the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close process.
- Understanding of corporate taxation is a plus.
Additional requirements include:
- Expertise in Outlook and Excel and general ledger programs (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Exceptional business acumen and communication skills
Interested candidates should contact Phillip Bank at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the firm program.