Job #648: Senior Finance Manager (11-9-17)
- Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
- Location: East Brunswick, NJ
- Salary: open
F. Greek Development, a well-established small industrial real estate company, is seeking an experienced Senior Finance Manager to multi-task in a fast paced environment. This is a hands-on position which requires a strong accounting background with sound financial leadership and proven business acumen. The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for development, construction, property management and corporate operating activities. The position will also provide managerial leadership over accounting and controls, cash management and tax functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of operating performance, budgets, and financial trends for company.
- Oversee financial activity for development and construction, including: monthly requisitions, variance analysis, subcontractor payment, and compliance with lien waiver documentation.
- Perform monthly/quarterly financial analysis for family assets and portfolio.
- Coordinate financial audits with outside accountants and direct the preparation and issuance of the annual financial statements and tax filings for real estate partnerships.
- Negotiate construction loans for new development projects and permanent refinancing for maturing loans.
- Review loan documents and manage loan closing process, including all lender and third-party requests.
- Work closely with Leasing to analyze potential lease deals and to establish rental rates.
- Assist property management team with operational decisions for real estate assets on an as needed basis.
- Strategize with executive team regarding achievement of financial and operational goals and objectives.
- Participate in risk management and procuring insurance for operating company and real estate portfolio.
- Standardization of policies and procedures across the organization.
- Directly or indirectly supervise employees in the Accounting Department.
- Responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
- Interview, hire, and train employees, including: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- CPA or similar credentials required. Public accounting experience is a plus.
- At least 8 to 12 years of experience in real estate.
- Exceptionally detail oriented with the ability to research, analyze, and follow through to complete remedy.
- Excellent written and verbal English a must.
- Confident phone and inter-personal skills.
- Strong experience with accounting/ERP programs (Skyline, MRI, Yardi, or similar).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Interested candidates should contact David Greek at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.