Job #641: Chief Financial Officer - Philadelphia, PA (10-23-17)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Salary: Open
The Chief Financial Officer will Provide guidance, direction and leadership in the development and implementation of financial and tax functions and programs from both a tactical and strategic perspective. Is a senior business partner with the other members of the Executive team of the company. Insures systems and controls are in place to monitor the financial security of the company, directs short and long-term business planning in accordance with company guidelines and objectives, financial and regulatory requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates the overall activities of assigned functions to insure required services are adequately and effectively delivered to all operating and staff functions. Results accomplished through leadership and direction of staff in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- Provides direction and guidance to the staff and department managers to insure the necessary systems, controls and records are in place throughout the organization to maintain the financial well-being of the company. Oversees the formulation and implementation of approved financial policies and controls for all sectors of the organization.
- Directs treasury and tax activities and is custodian of the funds of the company.
- Periodically evaluates the company’s financial position and directs the issuance of timely financial reports. Provides required financial and other reports to the Board of Directors on a timely basis. Establishes the criteria and oversees the analysis of all financial transactions and costs as well as preparation of regular reports to management. Prepares special reports as required.
- Directs formal planning and budgeting activities and establishes criteria for monitoring actual results against budgets. Assists staff and others as they work with managers to evaluate expenditures, budgets and resolve issues and conflicts.
- Forecasts short and long-range cash requirements and obligations. Recommends cash disbursements to the President and completes approved distributions. Regularly reviews the current and recommended projected cash positions to insure adequate funds are available.
- Oversees all financial audit activities of the company.
- Insures proper review of major capital expenditures and contracts so they comply with company plans and policies. Advises on their economic justification.
- Provides for the arrangement and administration of lines of credit. Maintains necessary relationships with banks and other financial institutions. Responsible for the proper signature and endorsement of authorized financial documents.
- Assists the President in the evaluation of potential acquisitions and other business relationships being considered by the company.
- Interfaces with federal, state and local regulatory authorities, as needed, on tax and other financial matters and insures regulatory compliance with all relevant federal, state and local laws and adheres to all Penn Emblem policies and procedures.
- Directs tax planning and reviews transactions for tax implications. Responsible for all company taxes. Supervises the preparation of tax information required by the company and outside CPA firm.
- Assists departments, as required to establish costing and pricing strategies.
- Directs the training and development of the Accounting Department staff to insure there is adequate and competent workforce to accomplish the required tasks. Assists in the selection and training of individuals outside the department who will be in positions of related financial responsibility. Functions as the financial coach and mentor to others in the organization.
- Directs, through the department staff, the development and maintenance of the Accounting department expenses and budgets.
- Oversees inventory and production planning.
- Identifies areas where the company can benefit from cost savings and increase profits.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with all levels of internal and external clients. Creates a culture of “customer first” and translates this culture into daily workflow and priorities.
- Travels to customers, vendors, other company locations as required or appropriate domestically and internationally.
- Regularly employs continuous improvement techniques and practices in all activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- The financial well-being of the company is maintained in accordance with business plans, company goals and policies.
- Financial reports and creative analysis are conducted and provided to management, the Board and other designated individuals on a timely basis.
- Financial audits are conducted and completed in accordance with established schedule and budget.
- Short and long-range business plans with specific goals and budgets are developed in a timely fashion. CFO provides leadership for planning and necessary training and facilitation.
- All Accounting functions, as well as individuals with specific delegated financial responsibility throughout the organization, are properly staffed and trained and provided with the tools needed to perform their responsibilities. The Accounting staff is motivated, competent and results-oriented.
- A cooperative, working environment between the CFO and all internal customers is maintained. Financial and other assigned services are provided to internal customers in an effective, cooperative and efficient manner. Conflicts and disagreements are professionally and effectively resolved.
- Thorough timely analysis is conducted on financial results of operations and comprehensive reports provided to management showing results against budget.
- Monthly and year end closing are completed on schedule. Conduct monthly meetings with management to review monthly financial’s.
- Monthly budget variance reports are provided to all designated managers.
- Corporate Tax returns are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
- Management of company funds and cash is in accordance with established policies. Cash is available as needed to meet company goals. Distributions are timely.
- Satisfactory professional relations with vendors are maintained and bills are paid on a timely basis.
- Potential acquisitions and other business relationships are thoroughly and effectively evaluated. Management is provided with information needed to make informed decisions.
- Regulatory compliance, from a financial perspective, is maintained and timely action is taken to correct deficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of broad, well-rounded finance and accounting experience with 8 years in a management role with significant financial responsibility.
- Some experience with public accounting, business planning and cost accounting in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- 5+ years working for a manufacturing company preferably in the identification products or related field.
- CPA or equivalent training and experience.
- Complete understanding of all aspects of finance and accounting principles including P&L, balance sheet, tax, audit, debt financing, inventory management and business planning.
- Ability to build positive executive relationships, proactively develop team relationships and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Self-driven, self-motivated, results-oriented, positive attitude, and confident.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and proven decision-making skills. Detail oriented, logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Creative, critical thinking and good judgment to quickly determine and prioritize key issues. Ability to manage concurrent assignments in an effective, efficient and organized manner. Flexible and possesses the ability to adapt to a changing environment and a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and also be a strong team player.
- Using tact, diplomacy and persuasive skills in resolving differences and conflicts within the organization.
- Works with integrity and treats others with respect. Keeps commitments and inspires the trust of others.
- Highly ethical.
- Open to feedback and learning. Willing to coach and teach others.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, facilitation and negotiation skills, and strong interpersonal/client servicing skills. Must have the ability to persuade and influence others. Interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team oriented environment.
- Must be extremely articulate with strong presentation skills.
- Must possess advanced computer skills and be proficient in all Microsoft Office 2010 applications (i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to employees and visitors.
- Work requires minimal travel. This requires the possession of a valid states driver’s license upon employment and a US Passport. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
Interested candidates should reach out to: Hr122214@gmail.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.