Job #638: Controller - New York, NY (9-29-17)
- Job Title: Controller
- Location: New York, NY
- Salary: $80,000
Non-Profit organization is actively seeking a Controller to join the team on a full-time basis! The Controller will oversee a small accounting team and functions for the BBB (501c6) and its affiliate Foundation (501c3) as well as its pension plan and other projects. A Controller with experience leading a small team, managing projects and grants should apply!
Required Skills & Experience:
The Candidate must be a current CPA, strategic, decisive, analytical and a capable leader who brings a sophisticated and resourceful approach to his/her role and responsibilities.
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified and current CPA
- Preferred 5+ years' professional financial experience with a non-profit, either public accounting experience (specifically with non-profit clients) or public/ private mix where you are currently working at a non-profit.
- Fully proficient in non-profit accounting, thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of Basic Pay Payroll System and Peachtree (Sage) Accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - particularly strong Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, an effective time manager and multitasker.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills in the English language.
Interested candidates should send their resume and a brief cover letter to Walter Brewster, SVP Operations at ExecResumes@newyork.bbb.org. Please mention that you are a Friends of hte Firm member.