Job #628: Chief Financial Officer - Closter, NJ (9-7-17)
- Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Closter, NJ
- Salary: Open
Carrington Farms is one of the leading Organic and Natural food Company specializing in functional foods. Carrington Farms have been in business since 1999 and has distribution to almost every major retailer, supermarket and specialty food chain in the US.
- Increase profitability - the CFO, in partnership with operating management, must maintain extreme focus on cost management in order to consistently improve cash flow and profitability.
- Increase systems and procedures – work with management to create better efficiencies throughout the company with systems and procedures.
- Assess finance organization - the CFO must assess the current finance organization and propose any necessary changes to ensure that the organization can perform at the best of its ability.
Specific Duties/ Essential functions:
- Accounting and financial develpment – Standard and actual cost development, inventory control, credit analysis, management of annual audit process.
- Business Analysis – Increase effeciancy of Budgeting and forecasting, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management, decision support and advisory to the CEO and senior management.
- Taxes – Tax reporting to government.
- Banking relations – Bank reporting and communication, covenant compliance.
- Internal Audit - Standardization of reporting across the business.
- Inventory controls- Develop standards and procedures for inventory controls
- Insurance, Benefits and Litigation – Ensure adequacy of cost – effectiveness of the companies insurance and benefit programs, responsibility for proper handling of worker comp, 3rd party liability and other claims.
- Information Technology – Ensure adequacy of financial systems to support growth initiatives.
- Analysis of new business opportunities - Assist with input and analyses around current investments, including evaluation the performance of the investments, and the investment structures.
- Strong combination of strategic thinking and tactical implementation skills; strong motivator of people and be willing to function as a team player.
- Strong analytical skills and data- driven mentality.
- Creative “out of the box” thinker and entrepreneurial mindset.
- “Roll up the sleeves and get it done” mentality.
- Ability to lead and persuade with excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Listener – takes great care to understand and to be understood, Values personal interaction, patient, tolerant and non-judgmental.
- Ability to access processes to uncover weaknesses and implement improvements.
- Highly organized
- Must have experience in the food distriubtuion business
- 5-10 years of experience as senior financial executive in such positons as CFO, VP of Finance or Corporate controller
- SAP B1 a plus
Interested candidates should contact David Eben at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.