Job #568: Merger and Acquisition Specialist - Cranbury, NJ (2-10-17)
- Job Title: Merger and Acquisition Specialist
- Location: Cranbury, NJ
- Salary: Open
The Merger and Acquisition specialist will assist in driving the Company's growth through acquisition and/or mergers that fit the Company's strategic initiatives. Working collaboratively with senior leadership and assist in the acquisition process, including target identification, analysis, pricing recommendations, due diligence, negotiation, integration and post-acquisition evaluation.
- Build a solid acquisition target pipeline of companies in publishing, live events, advertising and digital agencies, education that meet critical skills needed for the future expansion of MJH Associates.
- Identify and assess strategic fit of target companies vs. company and business unit strategies.
- Projection of the effect of acquisition/merger on current and future departments.
- Present findings to executive team with validation scenarios.
- Forecast and due diligence on the financial impact of the potential acquisition i.e., revenue and expenses, etc.
- Build, manage and execute the merger integration plan and process effectively.
- Maintain Database of M&A targets; maintain and implement best practice processes for all aspects of the M&A process.
- Identifying and leveraging "Lessons learned" on previously completed transactions.
- Analyzing post-acquisition financial performance "look backs."
- Strong accounting & finance, communication, leadership and analytical skills are essential
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate will be capable and comfortable working in a deadline driven setting
- Proven project management, organizational and communication skills, as well as, a sense of urgency and personal drive to effectively and efficiently execute on transactions
- Ability to handle multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects
- Prior due diligence experience required, particularly financial due diligence
- Comprehensive understanding of valuation methodologies
- Strong general business acumen
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- CPA desired
- MBA, with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Business/Management, is desired
Interested candidates should contact Shari Lundenberg at: Slundenberg@mdmag.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program.