Job #1860: Assistant Controller - IL (3/8/2023)
Job TitleAssistant Controller
If you want to be a part of a team that is passionate and dedicated to saving lives threatened by the global public health crisis of bacterial infections, then Melinta Therapeutics might be the right place for you. We strive to offer a dynamic work environment in which innovation, teamwork, knowledge, and flexibility are valued.
Melinta’s novel antibiotics portfolio has the unique ability to offer providers and patients a range of solutions that can meet the tremendous need for treating serious infections. Our portfolio also encourages the use of our products at various call points within the hospital or account ecosystem, including Long Term Care Hospitals and various types of infusion centers. Visit www.melinta.com for more information.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for providing high-level support to the Corporate Controller and managing various accounting and financial activities. This role will manage the preparation of financial statements, ensure that all transactions and documentation comply with US GAAP, and oversee the accounting close and operational processes. This role will also manage the technical accounting function to ensure compliance with new accounting standards and complex accounting transactions. Besides supporting the day-to-day operations, this role will also drive process improvements, value-added analytics, and cross-functional collaborations. The Assistant Controller should have strong analytical, technical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Manage and develop accounting team to support growth of the company
- Oversee the month-end close process, including GL and subledger reconciliations, and prepare/distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Collaborate with the third-party logistic partner (3PL) and monitor overall order to cash processes which include accounts receivable, chargebacks and returns
- Manage revenue recognition and accounting for partnerships, collaborations and grants
- Oversee and implement adoption of new accounting standards, including supporting technical accounting memos
- Serve as the main contact for external auditors and tax advisors to facilitate reviews, audits, and resolution of accounting issues
- Create processes and maintain documentation to achieve appropriate, effective internal controls
- Collaborate with the IT department to maintain financial records and system processes (Business Central, Concur, ADP, Empower)
- Lead process improvement and innovative projects to improve operational efficiencies
- Foster development of finance compliance awareness and encourage cross-functional communications
- Serve as a business partner in support of the FP&A team and business leaders to ensure alignment and consistency of financial results and operating plans
- Manage payroll and 401K process
- Responsible for entity registrations and supporting corporate insurance renewals
- Ability to work effectively in a “can do” and fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrates strong sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Skilled in time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting or finance, or related field
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience, including public company and/or public accounting experience with Big 4 firm
- Strong technical U.S. GAAP knowledge
- Microsoft Business Central or similar ERP systems experience
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls
Position Type: Full Time (In Office minimum 3 days a week / Hybrid Schedule)
Melinta Therapeutics appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is our Company's policy to employ, retain, promote, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants without regard to any individuals’ age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
New hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption or accommodation to this vaccination requirement, subject to applicable law.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Iris Tran at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1860 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.