Job #1856: CFO - CT (2/22/2023)
LocationGreenwich, CT although transition training in New Milford, CT will be necessary for part of 2023
Salary$180K - $210K
Edward John Noble Foundation, Inc. - Established in 1940, the Edward John Noble Foundation, Inc. (“EJNF”) is a private foundation registered in the State of Connecticut with its headquarters in Greenwich, CT. EJNF’s principal interests lie in the arts, education, and health. In addition, EJNF is the sole funder of the operations of St. Catherine’s Island, a barrier island off the coast of Georgia, which is owned by St. Catherine’s Island Foundation, Inc.
St. Catherine’s Island Foundation, Inc. – Established in 1981, St. Catherine’s Island Foundation, Inc. (“SCIF”) is a private operating foundation registered in the State of Georgia. Its activities are centered on conservation, scientific research, and education.
Reporting to the Chairman & President, EJNF and the Executive Director, SCIF the Foundation seeks to hire a CFO to succeed the current holder who is retiring. The responsibilities include management and oversight of the accounting and finance, including tax and audit, grants, commercial insurance, pension benefits and human resources functions across both EJNF and SCIF. The CFO has oversight of, and is supported by, a full-time bookkeeper and a part-time grants program manager.
Edward John Noble Foundation, Inc.
- Track & reconcile investment statements, review General Ledger, AP&R and Payroll
- Budget and manage monthly cash flow; prepare quarterly financial statements, coordinate annual CPA audit and preparation/review of annual tax return
- Prepare annual internal budget for comparative analysis on a quarterly basis
- Prepare and give Financial Report at Board meetings
- Track all grant requests for payout, prepare annual spreadsheet and update when needed
- Implement and/or renew all Foundation related insurance: Business, Workers Comp, Umbrella, Director and Officer Liability, etc.
- Update policies as needed and complete annual audit
Human Resources & Benefits:
- Co-Trustee on defined pension plan: work with actuary on defined pension related issues related to personnel, reports, filings, and updated IRS requirements **Defined Pension Plan frozen 12/31/2013 and includes EJNF & certain SCIF staff
- Review monthly investment reports and expiring investments
- Co-Trustee on 401(K) Plan: work with fiduciary and record keeper on plan amendments, notices, and annual census
- Maintain files on personnel: hiring, salary, assorted insurance, pension, termination, severance (correspondence with personnel related to same)
St. Catherine’s Island Foundation, Inc.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, assist Director of Island Operations with preparation of annual budget for Board Book, Human Resources coordination and periodic administrative or financial matters as they arise.
- Must be able to make periodic visits to St. Catherine’s Island each year
- Support of the Directors of SCIF on SCIF projects as they arise
● Bachelors Degree required; CPA knowledge helpful
● 5-10+ years of experience in a non-profit organization; alternatively, will consider relevant corporate/family office experience
● Demonstrated experience in accounting and finance as well as broader experience in the operations of a small office including the Human Resources and office management
● Hands on CFO with resourceful nature
● Experience with Captools (or other comparable investment software), Sage Business Works (or other comparable accounting software), MS Suite, Outlook, Adobe, Chrome
● Personal and business references required
- Salary range: $180,000 – $210,000
- Annual holiday bonus
- Three weeks paid vacation, including Fridays off from mid-June to Labor Day
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401K with employer year-end contribution
- Severance Plan
The Edward John Noble Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Mary Heffernan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1856 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.