Job #1852: Controller - NY/Hybrid (2/15/2023)
LocationNew York / Hybrid
Salary$130,000 - $180,000
NEW YORK CITY, NY / FINANCE & OPERATIONS – FINANCE / FULL-TIME / HYBRID
Remote candidates will not be considered.
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better,
faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and
seamlessly available to our platform members.
We are searching for a highly motivated and experienced CPA to join our team in a Controller role. We want someone who
is technically strong but is also a builder and can improve best-in-class accounting processes and controls. This role will
report directly to the VP of Finance and will have direct reports. To be very clear, technical accounting prowess (with knowledge of SaaS) and ability to implement controls are the most
important skills for this position. Please only apply if you think these are among your strengths!
- Own and direct the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, ensuring that all financial transactions are accurately recorded and reported in a timely manner.
- Lead month-end close process and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financialstatements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Lead the company’s annual audit process, interacting directly with external auditors.
- Develop, refine, and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of financial information and security of the company’s funds.
- Track and manage compliance with federal, state and local tax and legal requirements.
- Lead and coordinate financial statement audit and tax engagements to successful and timely completion.
- Manage accounting systems and processes and lead efforts to continually improve and promote efficiency.
- Work with foreign subsidiary’s accountant to create financials and keep tracking bank balance.
- Manage independent contractors’ payments and records.
- Partner with FP&A throughout the budget process and for monthly vs. actual analysis.
- Manage, mentor, and train direct reports.
- Financial planning.
- SAAS metrics.
- ROI metrics.
- Various projects on an ad-hoc basis.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in SaaS business / public accounting.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Experience using NetSuite preferred.
- Prior experience in a Big 4 accounting firm preferred.
- Experience with foreign subsidiaries and consolidating financial statements.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, SaaS accounting and business models (and ability to research any accounting issues you don’t know!).
- Willingness to learn and stretch with the role and to do work that is “beneath your level”.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
Software Stack Experience:
- Ordway Billing and Revenue
- Microsoft Office
The base pay ranges provided below are for NYC Metro-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience.
Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than the NYC Metro area may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Pay range: $130,000-$160,000
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to
the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Patrick Macgill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1852 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.