Job #1848: Accounting Supervisor / Manager - NY (1/16/2023)
Job TitleAccounting Supervisor / Manager
LocationNew York, NY
Company: Milrose Consultants
Title: Accounting Supervisor/Manager
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Location: New York, NY
Company is a private equity owned construction consulting firm that has made 7 strategic acquisitions over the past 24 months and is planning to make several additional acquisitions as revenues grow to exceed $100 million. Each acquisition generally requires significant integration assistance.
Company has over three decades of experience navigating the complex municipal compliance path to deliver compressed construction schedules and accelerated occupancy for our clients. The Company’s in-depth knowledge of the various municipal codes that govern construction projects, allows the Company to identify potential problems and execute the proper filing strategy to ensure project success. Services provided to building owners, property managers and developers include special inspections, asbestos and environmental services, code and zoning consulting, violation research and dismissal, municipal filings and approvals, fire code services and department of transportation services.
Company is seeking an experienced accounting supervisor/accounting manager to join the team. This individual will be a key participant in building a centralized and efficient accounting organization. Individual must have experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Focus on managing the month end and year end general ledger closings for several companies and ensuring timely reporting of accounting transactions.
- Ensure transactions are recorded accurately, and that accounting and financial policies and practices comply with US GAAP.
- Generate all financial reports, including income statements and balance sheets for inclusion in consolidated reporting to investors and lenders.
- Perform variance analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and post journal entries and analyze accounts relating to revenue and expense accruals, sales commissions, prepaid expenses, customer retainers, payroll and intangible and fixed assets.
- Reconcile accounts, including AP/AR, balance sheet, income, expense, and bank statements.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Support financial audits.
- Oversight/supervision of accounting staff at subsidiary companies (AR, AP, GL)
- Assist with Consolidated financial FP&A work/budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- CPA preferred but not necessary based on experience
- Experience with multiple ERP systems including Financial Force, Net Suite and Quickbooks helpful
- Importing data from an ERP or third-party applications and populating them on predefined areas of an Excel workbook. Being able to extract and report on data using Excel formulas. Proficient in Excel functionality including VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Sumif, Countif, Concatenate, and related functions, making use of pivot tables, auditing formulas, filtering and sorting of data.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Self-starter and can work independently.
- Thrive on facing challenges and constantly making improvements
Interested members should e-mail resume to Deborah Haggerty at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1848 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.