Job #1834: Director of Finance - Utah (11/21/2022)
Job TitleDirector of Finance
LocationSalt Lake City, Utah
About CleanJoule Inc.
CleanJoule Inc. is a Series B, sustainable aviation fuel development company based out of Salt Lake City, Utah. Our novel, one-of-a kind technology allows us to harness energy from biomass and convert it to superior performance aviation fuel as well as carbon negative, bio-rubber that can be used in various consumer and commercial products.
CleanJoule was initially inspired by our co-founders and a team of brilliant scientists looking to create clean energy solutions. We are a passionate and creative group of engineers, scientists, and visionaries who have since been focused on aviation fuels, with the purpose of creating a sustainable planet, reducing global carbon emissions, and ultimately combatting climate change.
We are hiring a Director of Finance who can build and lead a finance and accounting organization as we enter our next stage of growth and begin commercializing our jet fuel and rubber technology.
Director of Finance Job Description:
The Director of Finance builds and manages the accounting and finance department. He or she
will establish accounting principles, practices, and procedures. The Director maintains all
accounting records and develops, analyzes, and interprets accounting information to determine
financial results against business plans and compliance with generally accepted accounting
The Director of Finance will serve as a strategic advisor and partner to the CEO and company
leadership. As an integral member of the Executive Team, you will support business unit
leaders in developing financial plans and managing investor relationships.
• Formulates, recommends, and administers accounting and cost accounting related
policies to ensure that proper financial controls are in place.
• Monitors practices to ensure compliance with agreed business plans, operating expenses
and costs, budgets, and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Prepares financial statements and models for internal and Board purposes and provides
relevant financial information to designated members in the organization on a timely basis.
• Develops systems and procedures for the accounting department and provides financial
controls including regular audits.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with all levels of internal and external
• Participates in federal and state tax planning and review. Reviews specific transactions for
tax implications. Responsible for all corporate taxes. Supervises the preparation of tax
information required by the company and outside CPA firm.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or 10+ years in accounting and finance management
• Strong working knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting,
accounting, risk management, and tax
• Hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
• Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational
• An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills
• A collaborative and flexible style with experience operating in a startup environment and managing investor relationships
Salt Lake City, Utah – Onsite
Interested members should e-mail resume to Jessica Chamoun at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1834 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.