Job #1824: Sr. Controller - New York (10/20/2022)
Job TitleSr. Controller
Suffolk County based family owned and operated sheet metal fabricator is searching for a Senior Controller.
As a key member of the Management team, the Senior Controller will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the accounting and financial operations of the company. The Senior Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all accounting and financial-related activities. This will include leading daily accounting and finance operations, including functional responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing. The Senior Controller is comfortable balancing hands-on financial management with making senior-level decisions serving as a link between the accounting department and senior leadership.
· Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports; monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
· Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
· Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
· Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
· Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
· Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long term operational goals, budgets and forecasts. Provide insight and recommendations to both short term and long term growth plan of organization.
· Select and engage consultants, and auditors.
· Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
· Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
· Communicate, engage and interact with Executive Leadership Team. Serve as a key member of the management team and round table discussion panel.
· Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
· Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
· Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
· Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting. Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
· Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
· Implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
· Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
· Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
· Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
· Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
· Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
· Oversee the month end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
· Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
· Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
· Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
· Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
· Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners. Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
· Remain current on audit best practices; and state, federal and local law regarding company operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
· 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development, property management, and/ or construction industry.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
· Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are proud to offer competitive benefits package including medical, 401K, PTO, Optional Dental & Life Insurance plans. This is a great opportunity to work with an employee-focused company that continues to see consistent growth. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested members should e-mail resume at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1824 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.