Job #1822: CFO/Controller - West Haverstraw, New York (10/14/2022)
LocationWest Haverstraw, New York
- Founded in 2019.
- Supplier of specialist construction equipment used to form concrete structures (High Rise Buildings, Bridges, Factories, Major Infrastructure Projects)
- Equipment supplied for rental or sale
- Staff of 11 people (1x VP, 1x Admin, 2x Sales, 6x Yard)
- Annual Revenues of $5m
- Rental Inventory $6m
- Sales Inventory $1m
- Hands on CFO/Controller role managing the Finance Function of this small but rapidly scaling business.
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly Bookkeeping tasks include.
- PO’s, Invoicing, payments, and reconciliations
- Billing, credit control, receipts, and reconciliations
- Weekly/monthly hours to Paychex, completing annual payroll returns, and processing starters & leavers on payroll
- Management – completion of weekly Bank Reconciliations and weekly cash forecasting.
- Rental and Sales Inventory
- Cycle counts, rental returns, transfer to sale and period end stocktaking.
- Submitting local and State Taxes (including Sales Taxes and Corporate Taxes)
- Accounting Tasks include.
- Completing weekly and monthly journals.
- Full Trial Balance Reconciliation
- Completing Month End Financial Reporting within 5 working days of month end close.
- Preparation of Month End Board Pack, including comprehensive financial reporting information with KPI’s covering both financial and non-financial performance measures throughout the business.
- Setting/Monitoring the Annual/Monthly/Quarterly Budgets across the business.
- Annual Accounts and Statutory filings, including taxation and audits where applicable.
- Managing the cost base of the business.
- Introducing integrated IT platforms such as ERP, with specific emphasis on CRM and Live Inventory Control/Traceability.
- Liaising with Banks, Financial Institutions, Investors and Lawyers on Corporate Finance matters.
The qualification and experience you need:
- BA/BS in Accounting (required)
- 7+ years of post-qualification accounting experience
- Licensed CPA
- Strong Audit & Accounting experience with small and medium companies
- Experience working outside of accounting firms, with experience in industries such as Plant & Equipment Rental or Construction & Real Estate Development would be a distinct advantage)
- Strong IT acumen, with extensive experience in using accounting systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV currently used)
Interested members should e-mail resume to Mr. Michael McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1822 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.