Job #1817: Controller - Downtown Miami (9-22-22)
The controller will be in charge of planning and directing all operational accounting functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and building out the accounting department.
This is a critical and high profile role with the unique opportunity to roll up your sleeves and develop the position and team. A successful candidate will be comfortable with complex accounting transactions, can establish SOP’s, and take the lead on implementing a new ERP system.
The Controller is a new role that will require commitment and development. This role will be responsible for the company’s financial statements, general ledger and payroll.
The Controller will play an integral part in the company’s success and will be passionate about delivering quality results to make a positive impact. This role reports to the CEO.
This position reports directly to the CEO and will be responsible for:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Completing the implementation of new ERP system and creating relevant standard operating procedures to maintain the system
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate/GAAP compliant accounting of consolidated business results
- Implementing and oversee physical inventory and asset audits
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors, tax attorneys, and accountants
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Hiring, coaching, counseling, and disciplining accounting team employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 7-years’ experience in Accounting/Tax Profession.
- Prior experience with ERP systems.
- High degree of initiative. High degree of organization
- Proven management, interpersonal, and technological skills
- Master’s in Accounting
- Previous experience at a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Accounting or at a Private Equity firm is a strong plus
- Previous experience in manufacturing, distribution, supply chain, commercial services, 3rd party logistics is a strong plus
- Experience with international accounting and foreign holdings
- Experience with Acumatica
Interested members should e-mail resume to Mr. Walter Baronowski at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1817 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.