Job #1811: Director of Income Tax - TN (9-14-22)
Job TitleDirector of Income Tax
Job: Director of Income Tax
Location: Knoxville, TN
Hours: Full-time Onsite NOW CFO is seeking a Director of Income Tax to join our clients team. Our client is located in Knoxville, TN and is one of the largest Entertainment Groups in the USA. They operate out of 43 states and have over 7,262 screens in 559 theatres and are growing! The organization is seeking a full-time Director of Income Tax to join their organization as a long term fit.
Manage key Tax Department responsibilities including the preparation of federal and multi-state income tax returns and the supporting calculations for income tax provisions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Review (and prepare as needed) federal and multi-state income and franchise tax returns and all supporting workpapers
· Review (and prepare as needed) quarterly estimated tax payments
· Resolve tax notices and other miscellaneous tax controversy
· Prepare supporting calculations for interim and annual income tax provisions
· Provide various tax related information to other departments upon request
· Ensure internal control activities are performed in accordance with established income tax processes and procedures
· Assist VP of Tax in identifying and implementing tax planning and process improvement ideas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Accounting required
- Advanced degree with concentration in U.S. taxation preferred
- Licensed CPA Required
- 10+ years of experience with consolidated U.S. federal income tax returns, multi-state income tax returns and income tax accounting (ASC 740) required
Excellent written and verbal skills are necessary to effectively communicate with individuals internally, as well as with representatives of the state taxing authorities.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages is necessary.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Corptax, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and BNA Fixed Asset Software experience preferred
Excellent reasoning and analytical skills is necessary to obtain information needed. Ability to analyze the big picture as well as the individual parts is critical.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certified Public Accountant preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift a/o move up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability tto adjust focus.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Mr. Connor Rickards at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1811 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.