Job #1809: Director, Professional & Technical Resources - New York (9-7-22)
Job TitleDirector, Professional & Technical Resources
Salary$145,400.00 - $185,200.00
New York State Society of Certified Professional Accountant's
Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the Society’s programs related to member professional competency goals through oversight of 60 technical committees, the technical areas of the website, the process for comment letters to regulatory and other authorities, the TaxStringer e-publication, the technical helpline and other related functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review and analyze committee design, structure and attendance.
· Market the technical committees and create recruiting techniques to attract volunteers from CPA firms, industry, retail, and corporations to sit on the committees that are germane to their industry.
· Recruit committee chairs.
· Assign staff to serve as committee liaisons for respective committees.
· Coordinate the committee calendars for each fiscal year.
· Respond to staff, CPAs and other professionals’ inquiries regarding committee assignments, committee services and the various types of committees.
· Confer with committee chairs and the CEO and make any necessary changes with respect to committee assignments, committee structure, committee content, etc.
· Serve as the point person for the Vice President of Committees and the A&A and Tax Division oversight committees.
· Handle special projects as assigned by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
· Attend various Society functions and meetings of regulatory bodies in an effort to keep abreast of the changing issues in the profession so that specific committees, task forces or resources can be created to address these issues if appropriate.
· Monitor and analyze trends of the profession and committees as they relate to committee longevity, committee size and content, need for new committee and need for professional resource content .
· Organize tax and other legislative projects and research with the CEO, government relations manager and the Legislative Task Force.
· Oversee the functioning of the technical helpline.
· Oversee the content of the technical resource pages of the website and develop new content in response to evolving professional matters.
· Manage the Comment Letter process, including identification of issues, coordinating with drafting committees, review and editing of letters and managing the review process with the VP of Professional Issues.
· Oversee the production of the TaxStringer e-publication, including top-level review of quality of articles submitted for publication.
· Liaise with relevant technical leaders of the AICPA.
· Support the Membership Department in recruiting efforts through the promotion of committees, the Helpline, comment letters and other resources.
· Support the FAE is their selection, evaluation of relevancy and promotion of proposed CPE.
Knowledge and Skill:
CPA required for this position. This position must have excellent communication, inter-personal, and organizational skills, be able to set priorities, juggle more than one task, and be a team player.
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
This position will receive numerous technical and policy inquiries from members in various settings. The person in this position needs to present sound judgment, initiative, responsiveness, and a member-service orientation.
This position would interact primarily with members, chairpersons, society officers, staff directors, managers and other professionals.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their director, manager or supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
Interested members should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1809 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.