Job #1805: Controller - NYC (8-4-22)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Supervise all aspects of accounting, including financial reporting, budgeting, cash management, accounts receivable and accounts payable for a 3rd party managed stabilized portfolio.
· Monitor budget to actual performance during the year and calculate special assessment billing for unanticipated expenditures.
· Oversee month end close process and preparation of monthly financial reports.
· Provide timely and accurate analysis of operating performance, budgets and financial trends.
· Prepare/review true-up recoveries for CAM, tax, insurance and management fees.
· Review accounts payable and approve invoices for payment on a regular basis.
· Review accounts receivable aging and rent roll reports, recommend actions for any delinquent receivables.
· Review all leases and ensure they are entered into the accounting system.
· Ensure that all lease related obligations are paid in full and timely, facilitating default notices as needed.
· Assist with integrating newly acquired properties into the accounting system
· Prepare/ review annual budgets including input from property management and leasing.
· Prepare reforecast financial packages, including: variance analysis, amortization schedules, leasing assumptions, capital forecasts, deferred maintenance charges and others.
· Work closely with outside accountants and review financial statements and tax returns for accuracy and completeness.
· Review Tenant Direct Billbacks (utilities, tenant specific charges, tenant requests).
· Manage client relationships and ensure services are provided on a timely basis.
· Collaborate with property management and leasing teams on a regular basis.
· Assist Asset Managers with operations decisions for real estate assets as needed.
· Assist Senior Property Controller with any special requests or accounting matters.
· Review monthly cash flow analysis to determine capital contributions/distributions.
· Directly or indirectly supervise staff members and provide overall guidance.
· Interview, hire and train staff members, including: planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining staff; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting or Finance from a four-year school required
5+ years related experience.
Tax experience is a plus.
Real estate related accounting software (Yardi ideal) and Excel
Interested members should e-mail resume to email@example.com Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1805 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.