Job #1803: Corporate Controller - PA (8-1-22)
Job TitleCorporate Controller
As a leader in the mortgage advisory and fund management business for 15+ years, our
Client is an Alternative Note Investment Fund in distressed residential mortgages, short term
business loans and multifamily assets across the US. The firm is in expansion mode, with a
solid base of accredited, high net worth investors.
Philadelphia Metro Area, PA
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Controller is responsible for all tax and
audit related functions as well as oversight of the monthly close process across multiple
entities. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the processes and information
flow of the firm’s real estate investment platform, the ability to effectively communicate and
collaborate with peers, vendors, attorneys, lenders as well as investors. This leadership
position requires analytical and technical proficiency and equally important, a confident,
strategic and independent thinker.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of K-1s and periodic tax filings, including
federal and state income tax returns and sales and property tax filings and appeal.
• Responsible for effectively managing the year-end audit process and the relationship with
• Establish and manage financial policies, systems and procedures in accordance with GAAP;
monitor compliance and make improvements as requisite.
• Preparation of financial statements on Tax Basis and Fair Market Value Basis.
• Partner with the CFO to lead continuous improvement initiatives for key financial systems,
infrastructure, and reports.
• Assist with the direction, ongoing development, and implementation of policies, processes,
and systems to build the infrastructure necessary to support a high-growth organization.
• Oversee timely monthly close and consolidation process, in accordance with established
• Ensure the integrity and consistency of financial data across financial reporting systems
and processes. Support the maintenance of a strong internal control system.
• Oversee A/R and A/P team and functions (currently a staff of two).
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting Required.
• CPA Required.
• Real Estate or Financial/Professional Services experience required (Real Estate experience
• Minimum 10 years of progressive financial/accounting management responsibilities with at
least 5 years of management/leadership experience.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism, leadership and analytical skills.
• Ability to set personal and project priorities and demonstrate strong organizational skills in
day-to-day and long-term planning and execution.
• MS Office Excel (intermediate - advanced level).
Interested members should e-mail resume to Jonathan Berman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1803 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.