Job #1802: Controller - (7-28-22)
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
A steel distributor and service center with deep expertise in the prime and excess steel markets serving an impressive customer list across the United States in meeting their wide and varied scope of needs. The Company consists of four operating entities and one real estate entity. Over the last 36 years we have created a highly trusted reputation and a solid foundation in long-term relationships working in service of our suppliers, customers and partnered companies.
Integrity, Professionalism & Commitment Operational Excellence
Safety & Wellness Quality
Primarily responsible for managing the company's finances, including financial planning, management of financial risks, record-keeping, and financial reporting.
· Responsible for all general accounting and financial reporting for the Bank. Consolidate five entities and prepare all eliminating journal entries.
· Lead the interaction with the Company’s outside accounting firm. Prepare most supporting audit work papers as well as maintaining responsibility for General ledger account reconciliations and monthly bank reconciliations.
· Responsible for all other outside auditing efforts (governmental, insurance, bank)
· Responsible for all Corporate Tax reporting and compliance (Federal, State, Local) and planning for the five entities that comprise Mainline Metals. Work with outside accountants and the Company’s CFO to effectively plan tax minimization strategies for the company and ownership.
· Responsible for interacting with the Company’s insurance brokers (Benefits and P&C) during the annual renewal process. Prepare all workpapers required to obtain annual quotes. Work with broker to assess risks and obtain appropriate (and competitive) coverages for our employees and the Company while considering the financial impact to the organization. Implement the approved Programs.
· Responsible for all Financial Reporting, Projections, and Covenant Compliance for the Company’s lender. Responsible for daily cash management procedures in order to minimize company’s borrowing costs.
· Oversee the HR role in the Company (policies, procedures, hiring), benefits, etc.
· Oversee the work of the Company’s Inventory Control Analyst, Payroll/Billing, Accounts Receivable, and AP personnel. Ensure Credit policies and procedures are being adhered to. Monitor cash collections and be quick to react when customer’s’ payments start to age.
· Work with the CFO on key strategic initiatives such as new facilities, potential acquisitions and joint ventures, and major partnerships. Conduct Financial Due Diligence. Work with 3rd party advisors to assess viability of deal and consider alternatives to the structure.
· Support other departments by providing financial data and information relevant to their functional responsibilities.
· Help evaluate, implement, monitor, and report on current and prospective Sales Compensation Programs.
· Participate in the development of the company's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
Performance Contributions to the Company will be measured by:
· Profitability and Sales Growth.
· Improvement in Corporate Culture
· Getting a deal completed
· Reduction in inventory quantities. Increased inventory turnover
· Minimizing total borrowing costs
· Enhancing the talent and bench of the Compnay
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and a minimum of 15 years’ experience or a combination or academic and work experience. Five years in a leadership role with special skills which include business acumen, strategic planning, decision making in view of financial priorities and internal and external conditions, and highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
Qualifications and Attributes:
· Demonstrated experience effectively managing teams.
· Demonstrated expertise influencing and creating awareness.
· Familiar with ERP and
· Understanding of databases, statistics.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills. Good troubleshooting skills. Strong attention to detail required.
· Strong understanding of inventory control, cost accounting, and hedging principles.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good time-management skills with the ability to multi-task or work on multiple projects concurrently.
· Excellent verbal and written skills required. Strong presentation skills required
· Confidence to make recommendations to executive team members.
· Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
· Knowledge of steel industry a plus.
Interested members should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1802 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.