Job #1775: Director of Accounting Operations - VA, (3-29-22)
Job TitleDirector of Accounting Operations
LocationVirginia (near District of Columbia)
Family Office Head of Accounting and Operations
Our Client is Commited to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Lead the non-investment functions of a family office. The firm is working remotely during the Covid pandemic. The offices are in the northeast.
- Team Management and Operations - Create and manage the infrastructure and control processes for the investment team; budget and cost projections for investment operations; manage accounting process for investment team; Work with IT department; Monitor and review trading; Valuation Committee; work with operational initiatives including evaluation of organizational priorities and structure; oversee Operational Due Diligence function
- Vehicle Formation - Oversee new investment vehicle formation and structuring; navigate and address potential legal, tax, and operational considerations.
- Service Provider/Vendor Relationship Management - Selection of all third-party service providers; evaluate counterparty relationships to determine the allocation of business to them;
- Fund Oversight and Management - Oversee fund accounting and administration of monthly NAV; Help negotiate investment management agreements and side letters with external fund managers; Develop and oversee procedures for fund performance reporting.
- Trading Operations, Treasury, & Compliance - Assist in streamlining trade communications and trade capture processes; evaluate and improve daily trade flow; Coordinate with portfolio management, trading, and operations to ensure an efficient, scalable, workflow; assess external operational software, tools, and utilities as needed; optimize use of third-party administrator technology, custodial, and middle office services; oversee treasury process including PB/counterparty cash and collateral management, securities lending/stock borrow process, etc.; Work closely with the legal department to develop and implement compliance procedures and best practices, conduct periodic risk assessments and oversee regulatory reporting.
- Reporting - Streamline and ensure timely and accurate monthly performance reporting in coordination with accounting, legal, external managers, custodians, and third-party administrators; prepare and distribute other reports and/or analyses as needed.
- 10+ years of leading of non-investment functions at a family office, fund, or RIA; possession of deep investment related operational knowledge, exceptional technological savvy, a hands-on orientation and work ethic, and strong leadership and communication skills; near expert in multi-asset trade cycles and corresponding operational processes including marketable securities, private equity and private investments; experience designing operational workflows, supervising their implementation and developing a process for continuous improvement; in-depth knowledge of available technology products, service providers, and resources; experience in designing multi-asset fund and account structures to meet the needs of a wide array of investors (taxable, non-taxable, public, private); knowledge of partnership accounting, closed-end fund structures (closes, capital calls, distributions), private investment fee structures (management fees, carried interest, clawback), and private portfolio company investment transactions; accounting systems experience strongly preferred; knowledge of US GAAP with an emphasis on private funds and partnerships; knowledge of tax-related topics with partnerships; strong Excel skills; ability to multi-task and lead several projects simultaneously; strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an effective and time-sensitive manner; manage highly confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion; demonstrated ability to collaborate across the firm on complex projects; family office experience preferred; bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required. Graduate degree or applicable certification preferred (MBA, CPA, JD, CFA).
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor to principals and colleagues while demonstrating expertise and integrity; helpful, team player, and show respect while collaborating with others; results oriented and exercise sound judgment; lifelong learner, who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation; visionary who plans for the future with imagination and wisdom; dedicated to achieving excellence and works with others to tackle the tasks at hand.
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement, background check, credit check, drug screen and verification of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination exemptions as a reasonable accommodation for a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief can be discussed at the time of an offer. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
The client supports the personal, philanthropic and business activity. The client is a family-led organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested members should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1775 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.