Job #1770: Controller - NY, NY (3-17-22)
Sandglass Capital is a boutique global investment manager, specializing in idiosyncratic opportunities in emerging markets. It was founded in 2013 and currently manages several funds investing across the capital structure.
We are seeking a Controller who will be involved in all aspects of Accounting, as well as Operations and Compliance. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain exposure to all aspects of the non-investment side of running a registered investment adviser. The right candidate is hard working, takes initiative, detail oriented, and anxious to learn. This position reports to the CFO. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review daily reconciliation of Fund cash balances, positions, performance, and activity prepared by Administrator.
· Work with Internal Operations team and interact with Administrator, Prime Brokers, and other counterparties.
· Oversee processing of Fund Administrator’s monthly net asset value and investor allocation calculation.
· Oversee processing of monthly portfolio and investor subscription and redemption transactions.
· Oversee calculation and processing of fees and other payments.
· Prepare monthly management company financial statements using Quickbooks.
· Assist with compliance responsibilities including regulatory reporting.
· Assist with annual Fund financial statement audit process and K-1’s.
· Budget preparation, expense reporting, cash flow analysis, and projections for the management company entities.
· Managing service provider relationships.
· Implement control mechanisms and internal operations procedures.
· Liaise with Trading and IR on ad hoc requests.
· Provide data and support for marketing team.
· Bachelors in Accounting
· 3 to 6 years of relevant experience
· Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
· Bloomberg AIM experience preferred
· Quickbooks knowledge preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Interested members should e-mail resume to Sandra.Satz@Sandglasscapital.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1770 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.