Job #1767: Vice President of Accounting and Finance - Las Vegas NV (3-9-22)
Job TitleVice President of Accounting and Finance
Our client is a 25+ year old firm which has built a legacy through development and
management of 25k+ market-rate, affordable, and senior living units in apartment
communities and mixed-use developments nationwide. As one of the nation’s 20
largest multifamily developers, the firm maintains a commitment to quality through
a vertically integrated approach.
The Vice President of Accounting & Finance will bring executive experience in leading
accounting operations and financial strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for
financial reporting, corporate finance operations, budgeting, tax, compliance and
audit in high growth platform that engages in development, construction and
property management. The position reports to the President and to the CFO/COO.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Detailed working knowledge of Federal Income Taxes Regulations, including
recent experience with the following:
1. Venture structuring to maximize tax benefits to Owners.
2. Working strategies to minimize taxes from gains from sales of assets:
a. 1031 exchanges
b. Opportunity Zone knowledge
c. State Tax Deferral Mechanisms
3. Ability to work with auditors and review tax returns prior to submission to
4. New changes to Federal and State Tax Regulations.
Manage robust accounting department/staff:
1. Payroll Administrator.
2. Controller of Construction Accounting and 4 Construction Accounting
3. Controller of Property Management and 3 Accounts Payable/Accounting Clerks.
4. Controller of Development/Administrative Matters.
Manage Investor Relationships and Meetings with Investors, especially for
Manage Annual Audit and Tax Return (Federal, State, Municipality) Process:
1. Annual audits required for most legal ownership entities (est. 15+ entities).
Work with 3rd party CPA firms, negotiate engagement letters and fees, provide
actual records to audit firms, respond to questions and work with firms to draft
disclosures/footnotes, review of all audit reports prior to release.
2. Submit similar info for tax return preparation, including both the asset owning
entity and the related/affiliated entities (some of our entities have 2-3 affiliated
entities that we are responsible (est. 80+ total entities).
3. Review tax returns and tax info for all corporate/subchapter S entities.
4. Work with tax preparers on tax projections, and other special reports including
individual state tax issues.
5. Review 5500 returns for Benefit Programs.
Risk Management Matters for all insurance of the Companies, including the
1. Source and negotiate policies for to-be-developed multifamily properties,
including working with 3rd party investors on their insurance requirements
a. Builders’ Risk Insurance and Liability Insurance, OCIP policies and
b. Earthquake Insurance and Rental Interruption Insurance
2. Source and negotiate policies annually for stabilized portfolio of
Owned/Managed Multifamily Properties:
a. Source policies for best companies and pricing.
b. Determine allocation of premiums between all covered properties
c. Work with Insurance Agent to generate insurance invoices, submit to
Owners or Lenders to get timely payment of premiums. Work with
Insurance Agent to obtain accurate Certificates of Insurance with all
required Named Insureds and submit to lenders and partners as
required by loan/venture documents.
3. Establish and monitor policies and procedures for all claims:
a. Establish policy for submittal of incident reports.
b. Review all incident reports and make a determination as to whether a
claim should be filed.
c. Work with carriers on claims to allow for timely reimbursement and
resolution of claims to closure.
4. Same general responsibilities related to annual Workman’s Compensation
Renewal and all employee-related insurance (medical/dental/vision/life
insurance). Handle any workman’s comp audits.
5. Other insurance policies as required.
Manage Monthly Construction Draw Process:
1. 5-10 draws on a monthly basis to a variety of lenders. Monitor lender
requirements, submit draws on lender approved forms and provide acceptable
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Cash Management Process:
1. Set up new bank accounts. Provide required documentation, including
circulating bank signature cards.
2. Set up online banking capacity for all or most accounts. Manage/approve cash
3. Manage/approve authorized parties within Accounting Department. Set
4. Identify cash needs and funding sources where cash is needed. Arrange for
Other Areas where VP Finance provides assistance:
1. Annual Property Budgets – policies and completion/approval of budgets.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related major.
• Active CPA License.
• Advanced degree a plus.
• 8+ years of experience in accounting and financial management and financial
planning and analysis in Real Estate.
• Strong analytical and risk assessment skills.
• Ability to compile, monitor, examine reports for accuracy, integrity, and
conformance to performance benchmarks.
• Impeccable accounting, financial data analysis and reporting skills.
• Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
• Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and
priority setting skills.
• Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so
people of all levels can understand.
Interested members should e-mail resume to Rebecca Wilson at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1767 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.