Job #1738 - Global Controller - Brooklyn, New York (1-11-22)
Job TitleGlobal Controller
LocationNew York/ Remote
Salary$130,000 - $150,000
TITLE: Global Controller
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York. BioLite has a hybrid work model where employees are in office 1-2 days per
week. This role has the possibility of being fully remote for an experienced candidate.
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other early-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and
equity stock options.
● Comprehensive healthcare plans. BioLite pays 100% of monthly premiums.
● PTO and family leave
● Free One Medical membership.
● Community bonus plan and equity stock options.
● Adventure Stipend (after two years)
● Community engagement activities - we celebrate each other's wins and work as a team!
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for
off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, developing-world families
living in energy poverty, and outdoor enthusiasts seeking off-grid cooking, charging and lighting products.
BioLite believes in a bright and safe future for all, and that includes life at work. BioLite is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace where we aim to enable everyone to show up as their full selves. An inclusive
environment and culture makes our solutions better and our entire team smarter. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
BioLite is looking for a highly motivated self-starter to serve as our Global Controller. You will be involved in the
operations of both business segments (Outdoor Markets and Emerging Markets) with your primary responsibility
focusing on global accounting & reporting, treasury, and tax oversight. The Controller will bring a deep
understanding of operational accounting and US GAAP combined with a strategic business mindset and an
eagerness to learn.
● Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting across BioLite’s businesses, managing a distributed team
of accounting resources and the consolidation of multi-entity financial statements
● Oversee global treasury activities, including weekly cashflow forecasting and reporting and close
oversight of working capital components
● Drive efficiencies and improvements across all processes ensuring a timely and accurate monthly close
● Manage annual Audit process and external vendors, including tax and audit professionals
● Maintain oversight of primary financial IT infrastructure
● Oversee global insurance programs to ensure adequate coverage
● Ensure tax compliance across multiple filing jurisdictions including International
● Participate in the budgeting and planning process and work with cross-functional teams across the company
● Build and maintain strong internal controls
● 7+ years of relevant work experience, with a mix of public accounting and corporate experience in a company with physical products
● CPA or relevant experience
● Strong working knowledge of NetSuite
● A deep knowledge of US GAAP accounting with Audit experience
● A-level analytical and communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionality
● A willingness to get deeply involved in the business, while maintaining a strategic perspective
● Experience managing a team of staff accountants across several accounting disciplines (AP / AR, treasury,etc)
● Understanding of multi-entity, multi-currency accounting and consolidations
Application should include a PDF of your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for
Interested members should e-mail applications to LeeAnn Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1738 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.