Job #1719: Senior Accounting Manager/Controller - New York (11-15-21)
Job TitleSenior Accounting Manager/Controller
SalaryCommensurate With Experience
Winthrop Capital Advisors LLC, ("Winthrop") provides comprehensive asset management and accounting services for various syndicated partnerships of Winthrop and a limited number of private ownership groups. Winthrop was established in 1975 as a privately held real estate investment management company. We are seeking a Senior Accounting Manager/Controller for the Company’s office located in New York, NY.
Winthrop provides a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical and dental benefits, flexible spending plan, paid time off, employer-paid group life insurance and short-term/long-term disability, and an employer-matched 401(k) program. Winthrop is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accounting Manager/Controller will be responsible for oversight of the accounting department of a publicly traded REIT. Duties involve review of property level financial statements and compilation of consolidated financial statements, including the general ledger month-end close, actual to budget variance review, cash management and year-end audits. The Senior Accounting Manager/Controller will also be responsible for lender reporting and client-specific requests.
- Supervision of property accountants in the retail accounting department
- Prepare/review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for multiple entities and consolidated statements for the parent company
- Review cash flow projections and monitor operating cash flow
- Review funding requests and lender draw requests
- Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer to ensure a smooth budget process
- Responsible for technical research as necessary
- Prepare annual financial statement disclosure checklists
- JD Edwards and Yardi database management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). Yardi experience required. JD Edwards experience a plus. Knowledge of SOX rules and regulations required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients as well as professionals within the department.
- Demonstrate professional leadership skills through effective work habits, inter-personal skills, initiative and follow-through. Requires good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple and changing priorities as evidenced by use of tact, maturity, interpersonal effectiveness, good judgement and discretion.
- Proactively seek out additional responsibilities or ways to more effectively contribute to the department, including working independently on special projects and utilizing specialized knowledge of systems and procedures to enhance individual or department productivity, aid in problem solving/issue resolution, best practice documentation, and process improvement.
- Experience and success working in a team environment.
- Requires lease document reading comprehension.
- Requires flexibility to think out of the box and an openness to new ideas and procedures.
Required Experience and Education
- S./B.A. in Business, Finance or Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years combined work experience in public and private accounting. Retail accounting experience required. 5-7 years of supervisory experience. Proficient with property transitions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. This person should be nimble and be able to adjust to the ever-changing environment.
We encourage all interested members to submit a resume to John Garilli at email@example.com. Make sure to include Job #1719 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.