Job #1718: Vice President, Finance - Hybrid/New York (11-12-21)
Job TitleVice President, Finance
Aker is looking for a Vice President of Finance with a background in accounting and
commercial real estate. As a founding team member, someone with an entrepreneurial and
analytical mindset will thrive in this role.
• Lead corporate and deal structuring efforts.
• Manage 3rd party property accountants to ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements and year-end tax returns.
• Act as a liaison between 3rd party property managers and asset management team, on all property level accounting matters.
• Assist with development accounting, construction draws, budget tracking, and invoice review.
• Manage lender and investor compliance, reporting, and waterfall distributions.
• Manage closing statements, proration calculations, and post-closing true-ups.
• Oversee internal revenue and expense optimization efforts.
• Manage internal banking relationships, receivables, payables, and cash management.
• Oversee general business bookkeeping and payroll.
• Seven or more years of related accounting or financial experience. Preferably a combination of corporate accounting and residential real estate experience.
• Demonstrate a strong knowledge and application of both cash and accrual-based accounting.
• Proficiency with Excel, Yardi Voyager, Intuit, and QuickBooks.
• Strong attention to detail, able to communicate effectively across teams and work independently.
• Possess a fiduciary perspective in accounting, reporting, and asset management.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with a high level of initiative.
Aker is a collective of operators investing in cities that bridge urban living with the
We encourage all interested members to submit a resume to Michael Amato at email@example.com. Make sure to include Job #1718 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.