Job #1717: Controller - Palm Beach, Florida (11-10-21)
Private Equity firm is looking for a Controller to oversee the firm's fund administration and
maintain and build on the existing internal accounting. This rapidly growing firm manages over
$310 million in original capital commitments and specializes in opportunistic credit and asset based investments. Competitive salary and benefits; opportunity for substantial career growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
• CPA with 6-8 years’ experience in accounting, 3 of which are specifically private equity experience.
• Knowledge of partnership accounting
• US GAAP Expertise
• Experience with niche private asset classes (secured debt, infrastructure, music
royalties) is strongly favored though not required.
• Strong work ethic, initiative, and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Experience with SEC compliance.
• Review quarterly workpaper packages, waterfalls, financial statements, and capital
account statements prepared by the Fund Administrator for multiple funds.
• Request and review all performance reporting from Fund Administrator.
• Work with the Fund Administrator on all capital calls and distributions.
• Payment of fund fees and expenses.
• Maintain and create all necessary internal spreadsheets.
• Monitor and track the Funds’ cash activity on a weekly basis.
• Coordinate, manage and monitor the external audit process.
• Coordinate, manage and monitor the external tax and partner K-1 process.
• Review tax workpaper packages, Schedule K-1s, and other tax filings received from the
• Interact with the Fund Administrator, auditors and tax preparers, as needed.
• Work with Investor Relations on providing accounting and industry knowledge to our
limited partners as well as reconciliations and audit confirms, upon request.
• Maintain all internal Quickbook accounts including all Fund and GP accounts.
• Work with the Portfolio Management team on IRRs and other performance reporting, as
• Reconcile all bank accounts.
• Review of quarterly letters.
• Work closely with Director of Operations on management company accounting.
• Personal investment tracking for Managing Partner
We encourage all interested members to submit a resume to Maryam Irizarry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include Job #1717 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.