Job #1712: Controller (Real Estate) - NJ (10-27-21)
Controller – Real Estate (Residential and Commercial)
The Controller is responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures. This position oversees the financial accounting system, payroll system, accounts receivable and accounts payable. May present financial statements at regularly scheduled meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess a background in Real Estate. The candidate should have a proven track record of creating and implementing process improvements for residential and commercial properties.
• Manage, analyze and audit tenant accounts to ensure they are billed correctly each month for all rental and additional charges per their lease and investigate and resolve all discrepancies.
• Research and assess all vendor payments to ensure they are properly coded prior to payment.
• Audit and ensure accuracy of Rent Rolls.
• Perform month end closes and prepare reconciliation of all BS & IS accounts.
• Perform analysis and develop financial reports and related schedules in accordance with lender and/or third-party requirements.
• Work with Administration, Property Management and Owner to obtain necessary information for the completion of financial statements.
• Generate and Input journal entries and facilitate auditors and thirds parties with the required financial schedules for annual financial audits.
• Ensure all Tax Identification and Insurance Certification are on file for relevant vendors.
• Perform Cash Management responsibly and approve monthly check run by property.
• Present formal revenue and expense variance explanations monthly basis in conjunction with property management.
• Serve as a resource and assist with preparation of portfolio annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts.
• Examine and comprehend all management, development, joint venture agreements and mortgage documents for assigned properties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration or Accounting required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience strongly preferred. Previous accounting experience in
commercial/residential real estate settings or related industries preferred.
• Solid computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel required.
• Proven organizational skills with ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants or vendors in an articulate, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Adaptability to changing demands.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to multitask.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as solid interpersonal skills
We encourage all interested candidates to submit a resume to John Fasciano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include Job #1712 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.