Job #1707: Controller - NY,NY (10-12-21)
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products by eliminating the need for single-use plastic packaging. We offer convenient, effective and affordable solutions to traditional cleaners with the belief that a cleaner planet truly starts at home.
We are looking for a Controller, reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, who will play a critical role developing our accounting infrastructure and driving key decisions. This person will be the first in-house accounting hire and will have the opportunity to shape and own the department. The candidate will work with an existing external consultant to transition, build and structure the
accounting function for Blueland. The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for critical thinking, the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, and meticulous attention to detail.
• Management and execution of the monthly financial close process, including GL review, journal preparations, accruals, allocations,cash to revenue reconciliations, inventory costing and FX translation
• Develop, implement and maintain all accounting processes to ensure strong financial controls, efficiency in the department and audit readiness
• Manage day-to-day accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, AR and AP
• Design and implement internal controls within the department and company wide
• Produce and analyze monthly KPIs, dashboards, financial statements, among others
• Work with external tax consultants to ensure income tax returns are accurate and timely filed
• Responsible for all international, state, and local sales tax and labor compliance
• Manage and maintain employee HR/Payroll platform
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA certification highly preferred
• Big 4 or mid-sized Public Accounting foundation is required. Audit experience preferred
• 5+ year experience, mix of public and private preferred
• Strong technical accounting knowledge, including GAAP
• Experience managing entire month-end close process, preferably at a fast-paced scaling company
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage projects and work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• A creative problem solver with the ability to collaborate across functions
• Independent, self-motivated, and able to manage priorities while also pivoting when needed,
all while remaining calm under pressure
• Exhibiting strong project management skills; ability to lead and communicate effectively
• Knowledge and experience with inventory costing and FX translation
• Ability to oversee revenue recognition, cash controls, etc.
• Experience with CPG industry
• Advanced Excel and Quickbooks experience and high-volume data experience
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1707 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.