Job #1704: Controller - Conshohocken, PA (10-6-21)
Two Senior Accountants, Cash Analyst, AP Supervisor, and 2 AP Clerks
Basic Purpose and Objectives of the Position
- Assist CFO with the financial affairs of the organization and with preparation of financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
- Oversee the activities of the Corporate Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external periodic financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Supervise all facets of accounting department operation with a staff of 6 employees.
- Review invoice processing, payroll processing, cash analysis, deposit verifications, fixed asset accounting, General Ledger account analysis and other office functions.
- Answer questions from staff on department issues.
- Chair periodic meetings of administrative staff. Meet on a regular basis with the Operations Department to discuss issues concerning both departments and discuss financial issues and performance.
- Conduct annual reviews for administrative staff and peer reviews as required by the Executive Committee.
Accounting and Financial Reporting:
- Maintain accounting records for 120+ restaurants and administrative group
- Generate period, quarterly and YTD income statements and back-up information
- Prepare drafts, quarterly and annual budgets for internal and external use.
- Monitor actual results verses budget and report on variations and recommend solutions.
- Generate drafts of period financial statements for distribution to lenders. Review comments from Operations on preliminary Profit and Loss Statement.
- Revise as indicated. Prepare account analyses as required for management use.
- Review weekly cash flow analysis and reconcile to the General Ledger Review bank reconciliations and cash account adjustments Supervise preparation of periodic reports and revise and/or edit when necessary.
- Prepare special analyses and reports as requested.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of working trial balances, account confirmations and support schedules for annual audit. Work with auditors to expedite completion of audit.
- Execute Special Projects as requested.
- Conduct Year-end analysis of all budgets and performance statements. Additional job duties as assigned by the VP Finance or CFO
All reports are accurate All reports are prepared timely Maintains the confidentiality of all matters that impact the company Delivers fair and equal treatment Communicates effectively with employees and vendors
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial, or Business Administration with 4 - 7 years of experience.
- CPA preferred
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Steven Basile at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1704 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.