Job #1703: Controller - San Francisco, CA (10-1-21)
Job Description: Controller – Real Estate
About Lift Partners (www.liftrp.com)
Lift Partners is a full-service real estate investment company focused on the adaptive re-use and repositioning of industrial and office properties. Lift concentrates primarily on value-add, infill opportunities and opportunistic development along the West Coast. Our expertise is bringing the necessary skills through brokerage relationships, construction and market knowledge and thoughtful execution to create value for our investors.
Founded in January 2015, Lift provides asset management, leasing services and development and construction management services for its investments on behalf of Lift Partners Fund I, a $102M discretionary fund, Lift Partners Fund II, $150M discretionary fund, Lift Partners Fund III, $205M discretionary fund, and its joint-venture partners. Lift's portfolio to date has included $500M+ in value-add investments, $100M+ of construction projects and 2.5M+ SF of assets in the Bay Area, Seattle & Southern California.
About the Position
Lift Partners (“Lift”) is seeking a highly motivated, well organized accounting professional to join its rapidly growing team of entrepreneurial real estate professionals. The position will work closley with senior management in all aspects of accounting and financial reporting and will be the primary point of contact between Lift Partners and our Accounting and Property Management teams. This is a critical role in overseeing various accounting related functions to optimize the efficiency of operations.
Lift is a flat organization that allows team members the opportunity to pitch in and step up on all aspects of the business, providing them the experience of taking projects from start to finish. This role is an opportunity to be the team’s utility player helping out where needed while gaining exposure related to Lift’s business and performing other auxiliary duties and assignments.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
- Primary point of contact and liason between Lift and 3rd parties including property management companies and external CPA firms. Facilitate the timely flow of information and documents.
- Develop portfolio wide accounting policies and procedures and ensure consistency across the portoflio
- Analytic review monthly and quarterly reports produced by 3rd party management companies and external CPA firm
- Maintain schedule of investments with numerous metrics and KPIs
- 401k, employee benefits oversight
- Review of monthly cash requisitions prepared by 3rd party managers and preparation of periodic cash flow projections
- Review of annual audits (GAAP and tax) and tax returns prepared by external CPA firms
- Manage all reporting, compliance and tax deadlines
- Preparation of construction and line of credit draw requests, preparation and submission
- Banking duties including wire transfer and account transfer initiations, balance and transaction verifications, new account set up, and account terminations
- Compliance Management including the deadlines associated with statements of information, franchise tax payments to various states, business license renewals, and secretary of state filings
- Ensure compliance with REIT rules across portfolio, as applicable
- Coordination and approval of accounts payable for payment by others
- Review and approve of annual common area maintainence reconciliations
- Review annual budgets and assist with development of budget assumptions
- Maintain internal controls to ensure safeguarding of company assets and adherence to company standards
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- BS in Accounting and 5 - 7 years of work experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with robust Excel skills
- Real Estate experience required, multi tiered entity structure experience strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic, proactive, well organized with great attention to detail on work product
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in working with a variety of people including co-workers, vendors, customers, banks, insurance companies, property management teams and CPAs
- Office location to be in San Francisco with flexible remote working opportunity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Must maintain a professional image with consultants, investors and Lift’s executive team
Lift offers competitive salaries, benefits packages and attractive bonus incentive opportunities. If you are interested in becoming an integral part of a growing, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and dynamic organization where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, please apply.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Patrick Fisher at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1703 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.