Job #1690: Risk Manager - Jenkintown, PA (9-23-21)
Job TitleRisk Manager
Department Function: The Legal Department manages NPT’s legal affairs, handling a wide variety of general legal and risk management matters, and is responsible for overseeing NPT’s relationships with outside legal counsel, insurance brokers and other vendors as required in connection with the oversight of NPT’s enterprise risk management program.
NPT has adopted an organization-wide enterprise risk management (ERM) program that approaches risk management both from the top-down (Board of Trustees, senior management) and from the bottom-up (department risk champions, staff). NPT’s ERM program is co-led by NPT’s General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer. The Risk Manager will report to NPT’s General Counsel and will be responsible for recommending improvements to and providing oversight of NPT’s enterprise risk management (ERM) program and ensuring appropriate risk mitigation controls and procedures are in place throughout the organization. The role will facilitate the identification and management of NPT’s principal risks and risks in the organization’s day-to-day operations.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide oversight of NPT’s ERM program under the supervision of NPT’s General Counsel and NPT’s Chief Operating Officer.
• Periodically review and evaluate, and recommend improvements and/or design changes to, NPT’s
ERM program that may be required as the organization evolves, or as new risk management tools are identified.
• Perform annual and ongoing risk assessments by analyzing current risks affecting the organization, identifying potential risks that could affect the organization and evaluating corresponding controls and risk mitigation strategies
• Recommend a system for oversight and tracking the management of identified risk items requiring remediation.
• Manage annual insurance renewal process, including working with NPT’s paralegal to prepare insurance applications, reviewing broker recommendations, and making recommendations to management with respect to NPT’s insurance program.
• Oversee initial and ongoing vendor risk assessments pursuant to NPT’s vendor management program in collaboration with Project Management team.
• Review and recommend improvements to risk components of NPT’s vendor management program.
• Prepare annual risk management and insurance budgets.
• Develop and prepare risk reporting for Board of Trustees, management and/or staff tailored to the relevant audience.
• Facilitate meetings of the Executive Risk Oversight and Compliance Committee (EROCC) including preparing agendas, coordinating meetings, and taking minutes of meetings.
• Contribute to the maintenance of disaster recover / business continuity plans to mitigate risk.
• Partner with all departments regarding risk management initiatives including training, error mitigation and claims or loss information.
• Support NPT’s legal team as needed in managing insurance claims.
• Assist in the review of major contracts, proposed facilities, and/or new program activities for risk and insurance implications.
• The above list is not exhaustive. Additional tasks may be assigned, as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Management or Business Studies, Finance or Economics, Statistics, Law, Finance or Accounting required, or equivalent experience.
• Post graduate degrees are not mandatory but may be beneficial.
• Professional Risk Manager (PRM) certification not mandatory but may be beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 7-10 years of insurance and risk management experience
• Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
• High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
• Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
• Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Strong with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Michelle Son at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1690 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.