Job #1689: Chief Accounting Officer - Port Richmond, Philadelphia, PA (9-20-21)
Job TitleChief Accounting Officer
Salary175,000 - 200,000 base plus bonus
The Chief Accounting Officer is responsible for financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provides leadership and coordination in the administrative, tax, risk management, accounting, and budgeting efforts of the company.
Essential Job Functions
• Oversee and provide leadership, development, performance feedback and support to department staff.
• Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax reporting requirements.
• Oversee the approval and processing of budgets, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
• Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
• Develop and implement finance, accounting, and auditing procedures.
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
• Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
• Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with PRG accounting policies.
• Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
• Manage insurance programs including evaluating risks and insurance alternatives, recommending insurance solutions,
broker selection and claims management.
• Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint
potential weak areas.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Assists in managing the Human Resources function, in conjunction with the COO, with specific focus on the company
benefits suite and payroll facilitation.
• Oversee reporting to investors and lenders.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to motivate and lead teams to a performance level which produces quality materials within tight timeframe and exceeds expectations.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting with at least 5 years in real estate accounting. At least 5 years managing a team highly preferred.
• Knowledge of income tax laws, depreciation standards, and applicable IRS regulations impacting real estate.
• Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Team player, who works well with others, is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes
accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product
• Strong organizational skills to enable effective management of multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and confidentiality required.
• Ability to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; Advanced MS Excel skills and Yardi preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
• CPA designation highly preferred.
Physical and Other Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
• Frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to maneuver, handle, or feel objects, or tools.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
• Ability to maintain high ethical standards.
• Ability to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or holidays, as necessary.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Lindsay Lenow at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1689 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.