Job #1679:Director of Finance - NY,NY (8-26-21)
Job TitleDirector of Finance
HR&A Advisors, Inc. (HR&A) is an industry-leading real estate, economic development and public policy consulting firm. We are former public servants, urban planners, economists, and real estate developers. Our projects win awards due to our ability to integrate disparate disciplines for our clients, and we often lead teams with engineers, architects, lawyers, community organizers, and other specialists. HR&A is proud to be an employee-owned company, and is committed to building a diverse workforce while centering issues of equity and inclusion in the work that we do.
Business and Financial Analytics
• Maintain a deep understanding of HR&A’s business model and how the firm’s financials work.Provide recommendations to senior leaders for improving and streamlining HR&A’s current business model, including considerations for sustainability and profitability.
• Enhance and develop finance and business analytics across departments (accounting, consulting, marketing, talent development, and operations) to support firm’s strategic decision-making capabilities. Generate insights that cut across departments.
• Produce timely and accurate quarterly reports on the financial performance of the firm’s Partners and Senior advisors in order to inform incentive compensation decisions.
• Ability to communicate and transition analytics to deliverable format for the senior management team.
• Support senior leadership in business planning efforts to help drive revenue growth, profitability, and increased operational efficiency across both the firm’s corporate team and consultant/project teams. This includes preparing business operations and financial management reports and presentations.
• Serve as a key internal lead/resource in planning for and addressing significant microeconomic or macroeconomic events that may impact the firm's financial health.
• Manage the development of HR&A’s annual budget in coordination with corporate leadership and leaders from all our offices.
• Manage our accounting functions, with an eye towards enhancing internal controls and improving the efficiency of processes and level of service for our firm and clients. Strategically leverage technology and software to streamline internal processes, develop financial systems, and support business growth.
• Manage finance and business compliance functions, including tax reporting and financial
statements in collaboration with CPA, financial internal control procedures, support in annual company valuation, and contracts compliance.
• Hire and train all new employees within our business analytics, accounting, and finance teams. Currently, this position has two direct reports – a Business Analyst and Accounting Manager, with additional support available within internal operations team.
We offer competitive compensation packages, based on qualifications and experience.
We are an employee-owned company, meaning you will have the opportunity to benefit from the firm’s growth over time through participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Each year, the firm will contribute funds to this long-term wealth-building account, and may make contributions to other retirement accounts. We also provide a comprehensive benefits package that goes well beyond coverage of 90-95% of healthcare premiums, dental and vision coverage. The salary range for this position is $120,000 -
We are looking for a candidate that is excited at the prospect of working with
HR&A to upgrade its finance-related functions to be truly best-in-class. We expect the candidate to have a strong quantitative background with significant experience in using financial analytics to make crucial business decisions.
A successful candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field
• 5+ years in a business financial management role, ideally in a professional services firm
(consulting, architecture, engineering, accounting, or law), with at least 2-3 years as a people manager
• Experience in financial analysis, business planning, strategic decision-making, and accounting principles
• High level of quantitative analytical capacity with proven ability to make data-driven decisions HR&A Advisors, Inc. Analyst | 3
• Creativity and ability to innovate and address inefficiencies or deficiencies within existing processes
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills facilitate management of team members and support senior leadership in efficiently making business decisions.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
• Commitment to HR&A’s mission and a passion for the future of cities
• Experience in the following is desired, but not required:
o Experience with Salesforce as a data analytics tool
o Experience with accounting- or finance-related platforms, including Concur and Sage
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Rebekah Romingquet at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1679 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.