Job #1676: Controller - Dallas, TX (8-24-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Controller/CFO position for Small Manufacturing Company in Dallas
Company is a relatively fast-growing manufacturing company. Position reports directly to the President. Budgeted for $8.8 million in revenue. No debt. Generating 10% EBITDA. Accounting system is currently weak.
Key Accounting and Cash Flow Responsibilities
- Manage daily accounting tasks. Process payroll through ADP, manage accounts payables and accounts receivables and the general ledger (currently QuickBooks—looking to implement Business Central)
- Manage Cash Flow—10 sales offices with a high volume of transactions. Most individual payments made by credit card.
- Responsible for Taxes (Property-assisted by a consultant, Franchise and FIT-assisted by our CPA, Payroll-assisted by ADP)
- Implement and Manage Accounting Policies
- Financial Reporting
- Prepare Annual Budgets
- Generate Monthly Financial Statements vs Budget
- Implement a Standard Cost System (simple—OH applied based on DL$)
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators
- Develop an Accounting Schedule
- Manage a Staff of One Clerk (may need a second in the next year)
- Play a Key Role in Implementation ERP Software-A new ERP system will be implemented by 06.30.23
- Manage company leases, licenses, insurance policies, and other key contracts.
Light HR Responsibilities
Plays a Key Role on the Leadership Team
Senior Strategic Planning Opportunities
Strong Microsoft Office skills
Adheres to our Core Values:
- Passionate about Serving Customers- Satisfied customers drive improved profitability. Fine-tuning our processes will increase customer service levels. Every Team Member is expected to do the little things that make for an exceptional Customer experience.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset—we are better today than we were yesterday. We will be better tomorrow than we are today. Our customers and fellow Team Members are our judge. We are committed to excellence.
- Team Based—we serve our fellow Team Members and the Customers that value what we do. Always “we” and not “me”. Humble as individuals, proud as a team, and focused on our Customers.
- High Integrity-Essential to good relationships which are important not only personally, but professionally and for the good of our organization. See our Code of Conduct. We strive to “do what we say we are going to do” every day.
- Treats others with Dignity and Respect-we value what every Team Member contributes to our success and therefore treat them with dignity and respect. We support others in time of need. We strive to treat others as we want to be treated
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Ken Gilmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1676 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.