Job #1674: Controller - Boston, MA (8-23-21)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Location: Boston Area / Remote
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Codagenix Inc. is a clinical-stage synthetic biology company that uses software to recode the genomes of viruses, constructing live-attenuated vaccines or viruses to prevent viral infections or treat solid tumors. Codagenix’s recoded vaccine candidates are a perfect antigenic match to the target virus and induce a robust immune response to all viral antigens. Our nimble platform allows us to turn a virus into a potential prophylactic vaccine.
Codagenix seeks an exceptional candidate to lead and manage the accounting and financial planning functions within the Company. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this newly created position is highly visible within the organization, to our executive team and the board of directors. The successful candidate will have an ability to execute and manage a wide range of tasks to support the Company’s financial operations. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual looking to work in a fast-paced, dynamic biotech environment.
- Lead all financial and accounting activities including month-end close activities and monthly, quarterly, annual reporting requirements
- Lead all aspects of accounting including accounts payable, general ledger, tax, and payroll as well as overall cash forecasting and management
- Ensure that the company’s accounting procedures and reported results conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Partner with executive team members to lead the annual budget, forecasting, and long-term planning processes for the organization
- Monitor/report ongoing business performance against budgets/forecasts
- Work with business partners to identify and understand budget/forecast variances
- Lead preparation of financial updates, analysis, and board content for leadership team, Board of Directors, and investors
- Implement and maintain a system of internal controls in accordance with SOX
- Assist with maintenance of the Company’s capitalization table
- Manage the audit activities in partnership with external auditors
- Oversee the preparation of all federal and state tax reporting obligations
- Support financing and partnering transactions, including preparation of disclosure schedules, document review, data room development and management, and financial support of due diligence processes
Key Qualifications & Competencies:
- BS/BA in accounting or finance; CPA Required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in corporate and/or general accounting.
- Prior employment in the biotechnology industry required.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, reporting and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels within and external to the organization.
- Excellent business acumen, and an ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- High personal integrity and strong work ethic. Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as an organization-wide strategic planner and in the successful implementation for those plans, both short and long term
Note: Candidates for this position must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and Codagenix will not sponsor applicants for work visas. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Codagenix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Tyler Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1674 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.