Job #1672: Tax Supervisor - NY (8-20-21)
Job TitleTax Supervisor
SalaryCommensurate with experience
The Tax Supervisor is a key leader on the Corporate tax group. Contributes to all areas of tax management ( income, sales & use, property and unclaimed property ) and provides strong financial leadership.
The Tax Supervisor is responsible for preparing and coordinating corporate income tax returns, tax provisions, overseeing sales tax compliance, property tax renditions, and unclaimed reports, assisting or managing tax audits, acquisition due diligence and various other tax related projects. Each day offers new opportunities to grow and develop experience. The Tax Supervisor will oversee three staff.
General Office Conditions, 10% travel required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Tax Supervisor will report to the Senior Tax Manager overseeing income tax compliance, including all Federal and state income tax returns, estimates, audits and tax provisions. Compliance includes overseeing and developing support for tax credits ( R&D, WTW, Fuels credits ) and various state credits.
- Preparation of US Federal, state, Canadian and Mexican income tax provisions.
- Overseeing compliance projects including transfer pricing support, Inventory Capitalization under Sect 263A, LIFO computation and other special projects related to due diligence on acquisitions.
- Assist as needed in Federal and state tax audit. Obtaining information, doing research and developing arguments and positions that advocate the company’s positions.
- Work closely with North American finance team and various plant controllers to gather required financial information, verify it, and implement tax accounting practices and policies across various entities in North America.
- Manage month-end and year-end closing requirements required from the Tax Dept.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and oversee preparation of estimates
- Oversee unclaimed property reports
- Oversee preparation of property tax returns
- Oversee preparation and filing of 1099’s and Canadian equivalents.
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve country or corporate objectives
- Integrate and train new staff while leading the continued professional development of the team
- Share best practices across North American finance team, e.g. process improvements, and procedure changes
- Provide proactive / unsolicited consultation (business partner), link numbers to operations, interpret and present clearly and concisely complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders to drive business decisions
- Collaborate with Senior Tax Manager, to highlight issues, explain results, make improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of analysis of tax function
- Monitor and implement internal controls as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, identify risks and participate in the external audit
- Display integrity – be transparent with all stakeholders, escalate issues as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Accounting or Finance degree required; Advanced degree in Tax or CPA program preferred
- Proven track record of driving for results with minimal ongoing direction
- Experience in SAP (or similar ERP system) and lean manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in managing relationship with external auditors and tax professionals
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (primarily Excel) with ONESOURCE Income Tax Systems required
- 6+ years’ experience in public or private accounting and/or financial planning and analysis
- Some exposure to transfer pricing and Canadian taxes a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills in English
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong desire to continuously improve and identify new opportunities
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving with high regard for detail and accuracy
- Ability to concisely summarize large amounts of data to drive decision making process
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative and follows through
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with employees at various levels throughout the organization
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Liz Steves at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1672 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.