Job #1669: CFO - Florida (8-16-21)
Black Dragon Capital LLC (BDC) is a unique growth-oriented private equity firm focused on investing in areas where information technology is enabling the disruption of industries by allowing a faster, better and more economically compelling way to solve industry issues. We seek to benefit from a diverse perspective combined with high performance operating and investment executives.
We hire and promote based on merit, without bias, and make a genuine effort to ensure we have a diversified team that aligns with the diversity of our portfolio companies and their clients. We intend to maintain over 65% of our team members as culturally or gender diverse, and work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Bringing a leadership and advisory group of successful entrepreneurs, former operators and deal making experience, Black Dragon’s team has a track record of building market leading companies, driving above market returns and accelerating growth and profitability through its distribution connections, strategic advice, and active participation within our investments, primarily in financial technologies, eCommerce, and sports and media technology markets.
CFO at Dragon Performance Group (“DPG”)
DPG is looking for a Portfolio CFO to join Dragon Performance Group (DPG), the operating and consulting arm of Black Dragon Capital (BDC), the leading private equity firm focused in industries disrupted by the impact of digitization on individuals, groups and enterprises in the three sectors listed above. The right individual is a proven consultative business leader with an established track record of building a company’s value as a CFO in the technology industry, particularly Software or SaaS.
You will join a team of successful operating executives and entrepreneurs with extensive M&A and operator experience, who have created billions in value. Primarily working in concert with CEOs of our portfolio companies and their leadership teams, you will be responsible for the finance, accounting, reporting, tax and administrative matters of a growing technology company, as well as work with them to identify value creation opportunities, shape and align on implementation, and support their execution and long-term success.
You have been a CFO at an early stage growing tech company with software and operational experience, so you know the loneliness, excitement, and joy that comes from pioneering an industry and building a lasting company. You’ve had to make extremely tough judgment calls and overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles, often in high pressure situations. You’ve dealt with pitfalls, but you never stop believing and always find a way to win. You have a bias toward hands on management, a sense of urgency, demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills, and the ability to motivate teams while managing multiple projects. You demonstrate that you are relentlessly compelled by the need to accomplish a goal; very hard-working and ambitious. You leave no detail behind, and you operate with high level self-discipline, self-direction, precision and accuracy. Not only have you succeeded but you’ve had big wins! And you continually use those learnings to guide strategic input and leadership on decision making. You are highly detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to quickly understand the primary drivers of a variety of businesses, and you can quickly analyze and interpret complex financial data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain all portfolio company financial policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and advise portfolio companies on introduction of new programs/strategies and changes in the competitive and regulatory environment.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of our companies.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical and operational advice and leadership.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization, i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, and strategic add-on acquisitions.
- Ensure accurate, timely analysis and reporting of financial information.
- Cash management, including monitoring cash balances, investment funding, capital requirements, manage reserves, etc.
- Provide operational shared services to selected portfolio companies.
- Provide guidance to entrepreneurs to achieve growth while maintaining profitability in difficult operating environments.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Bring structure to large, complex questions with limited guidance.
- Implement strategic goals to organizations and provide direction and leadership while executing complex capital, operational restructuring, and other financing instruments.
- Develops advisory relationships with executive teams, above and beyond engagement/project issues.
- Apply business judgment to drive efficiency and scalability.
- Focused on outcomes; committed to making change happen both in the portfolio and for continuous improvement within DPG.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, MBA and CPA preferred.
- A minimum of five years operational technology experience as a former CFO or have an executive level financial background providing accounting, banking, auditing, or financial planning, [Management consulting experienced preferred]
- Small to mid-sized Software Technology company experience.
- Discretion to engage/leverage stakeholders and experts to move closer towards results and impact.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include frequent travel.
Boca Raton, FL with some remote work.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Stacey Hipsman at email@example.com . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1669 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.