Job #1667: Controller - North Bergen, NJ (8-11-21)
JOB TITLE: Controller
REPORTS TO: Senior VP of Finance
SUMMARY: Performs a range of accounting and financial duties to support the financial functions of the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares monthly financial statements including but not limited to income statements, balance sheet, cash flow, and management reports.
- Analysis of inventory, including material cost variances and inventory reserves. Reconciles bank and investment-related statements.
- Reconciles and analyzes all balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Maintains budget/forecast spreadsheets for analysis of actual performance against budget.
- Prepares general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll entries. Manages on-line banking, initiate, and prepare international wires.
- Prepares 1099s. Prepares sales tax and state permits and registrations.
- Oversees audit and internal controls.
- Prepares ad hoc management required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Sage 300 experience a plus.
- Management of approximately 3 staff employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with 5 years or more experience in small to midsize private equity environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Cynthia Giannotti at firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1667 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.