Job #1664: President - Remote (8-5-21)
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Our client is The People’s Ecosystem, a leading BIPOC-run multi-state cannabis operator (formerly known as The People’s Dispensary).
The newly appointed President will work closely with the CEO and Co-Founder of The People’s Ecosystem, Christine De La Rosa, to advance the vision, mission, and values of The People’s Ecosystem and shape the future of the company as it moves forward into its expansion phase. The President is expected to establish short and long-term goals, budgets, plans, and strategies for this unique organization while providing strong leadership during the exponential growth of the company. Founded in 2016, The People’s Ecosystem has built one of the most diverse teams in the industry that is committed to fighting for social-economic equity, sustainable and conscious cannabis policies.
Be a part of this unique opportunity in cannabis history. We are looking for a passionate, dynamic professional to join a team of exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to serve in the role of President of our rapidly-growing cannabis company.
As part of the Executive team, reporting directly to the CEO, the President oversees all lines of business and business operations. You will build and maintain the company’s strategic goals in line with The People’s Ecosystem overall business strategy, mission, and values. You will oversee operations to achieve the short and long-range business goals in safety, quality, production, sales, customer service, and so on. Through your leadership, you will foster a culture throughout the company of inclusion, diversity, innovation, collaboration, driving results for this unique company.
The President will lead (and build out) an experienced senior management team, and will have P&L responsibility and decision-making authority to ensure that all Employees, Facilities, and Companies integrate, operate and accrete value:
2. Profitably and efficiently
3. Consistent with operating, contracting, and management procedures.
4. In line with the TPE Ethos regarding Social Justice, Equity, and the metrics that support each
The President is tasked with providing strong leadership for the company by working with the CEO, the board and other executives to establish short and longterm goals, budgets, plans, and strategies. The President is responsible for presiding over the entire workforce and will manage budgets and make sure resources are allocated properly. Additional responsibilities will include working with team members to ensure our services meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.Some travel will be required.
As is the norm for such roles, the President will have responsibility for:
● Full profit and loss responsibility and authority across the organization.
● Developing, implementing, and executing corporate and financial strategy in conjunction with other management and the Board of Directors.
● Coordinate and assist in integrating their operations, meeting P&L goals, and ensuring the growth and profitability of the company.
● Ensure the development, implementation and accountability of proper operational and management controls and procedures, reporting, management resources, and functional support.
● Responsibility for strategic talent management, and hiring accountability at all levels of the organization.
● Interface with all company stakeholders
Qualification and Experience Requirements
● Management: 5 years (Required)
● Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
● Startup: 3 years (Preferred)
● Demonstrated track record, including P&L responsibility, preferably in the consumer products industry
● Experience partnering with mass-market retail customers
● Strong financial and analytical skills
● Excellent intuition and deductive reasoning for assessing opportunities
● Strong insight and ability to identify, assess and manage risks
● Strong interpersonal skills to build and lead a high performance and efficient team
● Great personality to work, mentor and lead other managers
● Display good judgment in the face of changing priorities and have the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
● Dedicated to strong relationships with customers and employees
● Able to clearly articulate the vision and plan, provide direct and clear feedback and able to positively influence others
● Responsible for the overall performance, efficiency, and profitable operations of the entire cannabis supply chain, including customer service and satisfaction, sales and budget, inventory management, visual merchandising, training, and development.
● Lead all facets of the business including operations, new product development, go-to-market strategies, and vendor partnerships.
● Develop strategies and review costs and budgets and evaluate metrics to be able to run operations at peak performance and minimum cost.
● Set key performance objectives, operational indicators, and strategies; and lead execution to achieve those objectives.
● Develop and Communicate performance objectives to the leadership team so that they can effectively manage team members
● Collaborate with all managers to prevent injuries and ensure employees are working safely.
● Provides estimates for projects, completion, materials, supplies, and equipment needs.
● Estimates production times, staffing needs, and related issues for management decisions and effective and timely planning.
● Works independently and addresses challenges within a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
● Attention to detail
● Experience managing a budget and staff required
● Communication and Interpersonal Skills
● Management skills
● Collaborate with all departments: Accounting, Operations, IT, Legal, HR, and Marketing to achieve business objectives and develop a strong, functional, and collaborative culture.
We seek a critical and analytical leader who is committed to excellence and integrity. Energy and enthusiasm are essential. The successful candidate will have the following:
● Ethical standards, beyond reproach, with an ability to relate and communicate openly with the CEO, Board of Directors, and the investor community while cultivating and maintaining excellent relationships with all of the company’s various stakeholders… employees, customers and vendors.
● Deep understanding and experience advocating for progressive social issues impacting the cannabis industry as it relates to race, class, gender, and economic justice.
● Lead all teams to meet our customer quality and delivery expectations.
● Ensure regulatory compliance, manage/prevent risk, and maintain an effective business continuity strategy.
● Provide leadership, mentoring, and motivation to build and maintain a high-performing and diverse team.
●Analytical yet decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
● A team player, who inspires others, communicates goals clearly and is willing to delegate authority and responsibility with accountability.
● The mental toughness to handle challenging situations and make difficult decisions as required.
● Independent critical thinker, willing to challenge and take balanced
measured risks to yield superior results.
● Bachelor’s Degree Required
● Competitive Salary to be determined based on qualified candidate experience and expectations.
● Additional Bonus and Stock Options
● Full Benefits/Paid time Off
To discuss interest in this position, or to refer qualified individuals, please contact and submit resumes to us at TPE@flowerhire.com and copy email@example.com in your email. Please include job number #1664 in subject line.