Job #1656: Director of Accounting - NYC,NY (7-26-21)
Job TitleDirector of Accounting
DIRECTOR OF CLIENT ACCOUNTING
This position will oversee the accounting department in support of all buildings under management. The department includes AR, AP and Financial Analysts who collectively are responsible for billing and collections, monthly reporting, budgeting andfinancial management.
The department has ongoing interaction with the property management team and is periodically sourced for special projects and reports. The Director will attend new business meetings and interface with clients on financial matters.The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in accounting with experience in process improvement,establishing policies and procedures and staff management. They must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic,deadline-oriented organization.
The Director of Client Accounting is part of the executive team and will participate in all key leader meetings. Collectively, the executive team is responsible for company innovation, growth and a high level of client and employee satisfaction.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead and develop the accounting team
• Monitor property cash flow and ensure adequate funding for expenses
• Work with independent CPA firms on annual audits
• Set-up accounting systems for new clients
Leadership and Staff Development
• Support corporate culture that strives for growth while ensuring excellent customer satisfaction
• Recruit, develop and lead staff across multiple levels of the team
• Ensure staff meets all monthly and other periodic deliverables
• Review department work product as appropriate
• Identify organizational needs and address with senior management and executive team
• Take the lead on any accounting related projects, e.g., application and/or migration of platforms, process improvement, client support, etc.
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
• Attend new business and client facing meetings.
• Ensure accurate and timely financial statement delivery through metrics and team performance.
• Work with clients as needed to develop financial knowledge
• Listen to client needs and make appropriate improvements as relevant
• Assess effectiveness of processes, probe as needed; plan and implement improvements
• Lead communication with property managers, building representatives and third parties, e.g., banking representatives, investors, vendors to ensure constituent needs are addressed
• Ensure accounting systems are properly maintained and utilized
• Identify and implement new department procedures and policy changes as needed and communicate to all
• Maintain excellent relationships with external and internal clients
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Finance and Accounting experience in Property Management
• 5+ years’ experience leading teams responsible for accounting deliverables as identified above
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent related experience
• CPA preferred, but not required
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Abby Mintz at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1656 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.