Job #1655: Fin Tech Executive - Location Flexible/Remote (7-23-21)
Job TitleFin Tech Executive
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Black Dragon Capital LLC (BDC) is a unique growth-oriented private equity firm focused on investing in areas where information technology is enabling the disruption of industries by allowing a faster, better, and more economically compelling way to solve industry issues. We seek to benefit from a diverse perspective combined with high performance operating and investment executives. We hire and promote based on merit, without bias, and make a genuine effort to ensure we have a diversified team that aligns with the diversity of our portfolio companies and their clients. We intend to maintain over 65% of our team members as culturally or gender diverse and work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Bringing a leadership and advisory group of successful entrepreneurs, former operators and deal making experience, Black Dragon’s team has a track record of building market leading companies, driving above market returns and accelerating growth and profitability through its distribution connections, strategic advice, and active participation within our investments, primarily in financial technologies, eCommerce, and media technology markets.
Partner at Dragon Performance Group (“DPG”)
DPG is looking for a C-level FinTech Operating Executive to join the Dragon Performance Group (DPG), the operating and consulting arm of Black Dragon Capital (BDC), the leading private equity firm focused in industries disrupted by the impact of digitization on individuals, groups and enterprises in the three sectors listed above. The right individual is a proven C-level business leader with operational experience capable of running and managing a FinTech company and help deploy the BDC toolkit for our current and future portfolio companies.
You have C-level executive experience in a technology company. You have solved product market fit and your teams have exceeded financial expectations. You have a bias toward hands on management, a sense of urgency, demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills, and the ability to inspire. Not only have you succeeded but you’ve had big wins, particularly with enterprise clients. You are detail-oriented, analytical, and demonstrate the ability to quickly understand the primary drivers of a variety of businesses You can think strategically but are also willing to roll up your sleeves to help executives drive results. You have mastered the art of time-management and possess the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment. You build and maintain strong, productive relationships with leaders of other functional areas within and across various business areas. One thing that makes you unique is that you combine strategic thinking and strategic development with a pragmatic business approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and advise portfolio companies on the introduction of new programs/strategies and changes in competitive
- Advise on technical risks and opportunities related to product scalability, reliability, and security.
- Unlock the full value of the existing customer base by analyzing current revenue streams, offerings, and relationships to optimize growth and profitability.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall sales organizations within our companies.
- Establish credibility throughout our companies and with their Boards as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Assess market intelligence, customer feedback, and external trends to develop insights to inform long-term growth strategies and internal resource allocations.
- Manage and execute multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, some of which are individual and some team-based.
- Deliver presentations to industry groups and conducting interviews with industry press
- Ability to deliver presentations to industry groups and interviews with industry press that validate BDC’s industry insights and expertise
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision making issues, i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, and strategic add-on acquisitions along with the associated pipeline building of potential acquisitions.
- Ensure accurate, timely, and action oriented KPI analysis and reporting.
- Provide guidance to entrepreneurs to achieve profitable growth in challenging operating environments.
- Bring structure to large, complex questions with limited guidance.
- Set up reseller networks and develop, expand, and optimize strategic partnerships and relationships within the network.
- Strengthen and expand core competencies to enhance their value propositions.
- Develop advisory relationships with executive teams and provide guidance, above and beyond project issues.
- Apply business judgment to drive efficiency and scalability.
- Facilitate decision making using all modes of communication: formal and informal; written and verbal; 1-on-1, small group, and large group.
- Focus on outcomes; commit to make change happen.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management teams to evolve and help implement the Technology Roadmap.
- Champion and breed a culture of process, design, and engineering innovation and excellence.
- Manage and execute multiple projects and priorities simultaneously by structuring work effectively, ensuring high-quality, timely output.
- Set plans of action for other external and internal strategies that drive business development goals, including community partnerships, diversity and inclusion initiatives, marketing and communication efforts, digital and social media, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- Extensive C-level executive level experience in a technology companyDemonstrated experience in the successful growth of small to mid-sized software technology companies.
- Private equity, M&A experience a plus.
- Discretion to engage/leverage stakeholders and experts to move closer towards results and impact.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include frequent travel.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Stacey Hipsman at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1655 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.